Dodge SRT4 Forums - SRT4mation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
question, the 2.0 cams everyone uses are they out of the first gen neon? and if so is the motor in the first gen neon the same as the one in the avenger, or do you think the cams out of an avenger would fit into the srt-4?

just wondering

· Registered
429 Posts
Ricer said:
question, the 2.0 cams everyone uses are they out of the first gen neon? and if so is the motor in the first gen neon the same as the one in the avenger, or do you think the cams out of an avenger would fit into the srt-4?

just wondering
i dont see why not come to think of it my boy did that to his srt with some very impressive gains on the to end

· Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah...but are the cams out of the first gen neon the ones they all use? and is it the same motor as the 1996 avenger...the avenger has the 420a in it...i'm just curious cuase i have a set of crane 18 series cams sitting right next to me and i've been dieing to know if they'd fit the SRT-4

· Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i got off my lasy but and did some research...lol answered my own question...aparently the first gen neon and dodge avenger and thier counterparts all had the same engine in it, the dohc 2.0 as a base modle in the avenger/sebring/eclipse/talon, and as an option on the neon :)

"The Neon, Dodge Avenger, and Chrysler Sebring featured (as base engine on the Avenger/Sebring and optional engine on the Neon through 1999) the Chrysler-designed DOHC 2.0 engine. Displacement is 1996 cm(cubed) (121.8 in(cubed)). The engine is slightly over square with a bore of 87.5 mm (3.44 in.) and a stroke of 83 mm (3.26 in.) Compression ratio is 9.6:1. The engine is designed to run on regular-grade unleaded gasoline."

http://www.allpar.com/mopar/2dohc.html

thats the site i got my info off of!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.