Dodge SRT4 Forums - SRT4mation banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
8,169 Posts
posthondaremoval said:
Gona' b there tomorrow for test and tune, just figured I'd ask some locals. Any pointers??? Things to know???
dont bother im sure they will be underwater for a few days..call the track before you go there

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Eeeek... Do you think they will be that wet??? It is supposed to stop raining at 6 this morning. Do they take a long time to dry, in general??? Calling b4 I go may not be possible, since I am trying to get there at 9, and I live 2+ hours away. You think I won't get any runs in? I have to leave by 2:30 to get back home.

· Registered
6,975 Posts
posthondaremoval said:
Eeeek... Do you think they will be that wet??? It is supposed to stop raining at 6 this morning. Do they take a long time to dry, in general??? Calling b4 I go may not be possible, since I am trying to get there at 9, and I live 2+ hours away. You think I won't get any runs in? I have to leave by 2:30 to get back home.
It rained all damn day, hope you didnt get rained out.. if you havent left yet id call

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
cokey said:
:dead_hors i hate island
First - let me say that this was my first time ever to the dragstrip.

Well - I haven't been elsewhere, but I can see how the place gets a bad name. It was moist to begin with. I had one of my 6 runs in the right lane and - ewwwww...how shitty. They had a car take a dump on the track and shut it down for over an hour while a guy WALKED a small blower up and down the track to dry it lol.

I did get in 6 runs, though, for 30$ and was very happy with my results, first time out. Running on Toyo proxes t1-s radials. 13.2__ was my best e.t. and my best trap was 108.__. My best 60 was 2.105. I beat a Camaro with drag radials, a 60's/70's GTO, and a '03 svt on drag radials. Not too bad for a rookie, If i do say so myself.

I am happy, and looking forward to seeing what I can do at a "real" track when it is dry out. I'm going to try and break into the 12's and trap over 110 on street radials - that was my s2 goal. I got close enough first time out that I think I can do it. We'll see.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.