Dodge SRT4 Forums - SRT4mation banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
don't hate me but i got the mopar BOV plate thing and i am not the best at cars, i'm new to all this, but i remember seeing this really good write up on how to install it on srtforum, but i can't find it again and all the links on the sticky are gone, soo.....do any of you cool cats know where i can find a good write up??:confused:

· Registered
8,934 Posts
not the best write up, but hey, gotta work with what i can find! hahaha

OK, here's what you need:
10mm ratcheting wrench
10mm open end short wrench
a long flat head screw driver
Permatex Hylomar Gasket Dressing & Flange Sealant

Tips:
Follow the instructions from the Mopar BOV(read through it a few times so you know it well), but you do not need to remove the battery(it would help to get a better angle on some of it though). You will need to go from the passenger side with your left arm up under the turbo with the ratcheting wrench to get the hard to get to bolt out.

Apply a very thin layer of the Permatex to both sides of the gasket. Put the gasket on the Mopar BOV on the flat side without the opening in the center and align the moon shaped opening.

Make sure that the open center of the Mopar BOV is facing out into the factory BOV and that the moon shaped opening is matching the turbo housing perfectly.

Put the entire assembly(gasket, Mopar BOV, BOV and hard to get to bolt) in together as a whole, make damn good and sure that everything is aligned the way it's supose to be as you put it on, just like in the instructions.

You will have to lightly bend/flex/nudge the hard turbo oil line out of the way for the assembly to go on and for you to put in the hard to get to bolt. This oil line will still be in the way of using the 10mm ratcheting wrench, that is why you use the 10mm open end short wrench. You will want the short wrench, because it is lighter, easier to control and maneuver and your less likely to drop it because of this. After the bolt is in far enough you can switch back to the ratcheting wrench to finish it off.

For your first time, it will take about an hour.

this was found on the dodge forums... its pretty simple, but if you want help, we are always around to install stuff!

- Kenny

· Registered
8,934 Posts
will do! ill keep looking for ya!!

i dont know much about that setup, i never really liked the blue plate, hahaha

i put my block off plate on, so its basically the same setup... if you need help, ill give you a hand

· Registered
977 Posts
xLaurenx said:
thanks, but those are the 2 i keep seeing. the second one, i don't get it, it just has pics for me. but if you see anything else let me know please
If you bring it to the meet on saturday, i guarantee that someone will put it in for you! :notworthy

· Registered
395 Posts
xLaurenx said:
don't hate me but i got the mopar BOV plate thing and i am not the best at cars, i'm new to all this, but i remember seeing this really good write up on how to install it on srtforum, but i can't find it again and all the links on the sticky are gone, soo.....do any of you cool cats know where i can find a good write up??:confused:
its a pretty straight foward install just a pain to get the bolts back in let me know if you need a hand. theres a few guys that also go to the lotmeet

· Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
for people that do have the blue plate, did you use any sort of sealant to help with possible leaking? i got the Permatex Hylomar Gasket Dressing & Flange Sealant like the dude suggested on a write up.

· Registered
3,542 Posts
Im happy with mine no sealant but if you bought it you should use it. Just put a very small amount around the gasket. Pick one gasket(grommet/Rubber) to coat with Permatex Hylomar Gasket Dressing over applying would be bad.

I like my mopar bov people dont like it because its different. Personally i can carry 10 psi through shifts sometimes more at higher speeds. Its nice.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.