Dodge SRT4 Forums - SRT4mation banner

Brake Question

4K views 16 replies 4 participants last post by  SrtBorgem 
#1 ·
Hey guys my brakes are deff warped car shakes when i brake sometimes and its pissing me off. I can also feel that the rotors are no long smooth they have waves in them. So my question is what is the best bang for teh buck brake mods i can do. Who makes a good caliper and pad for our cars for the front and back?

#2 ·
try cutting or replacing the rotors.
stock calipers and pads are pretty good for daily driving.

#3 ·
cut or replace the rotors and if your pads are worn or glazed replace them too.

#5 ·
unless you're racing around Poconos or Watkins Glen regularly the stock rotors are perfectly fine.

Really the OEM brake setup on these things is quite good for normal to spirited usage.

#6 ·
Here's a little advice for you for the future...

When coming to a moderate to quick stop do so such that you can let the car creep forward very slowly say a car length or so. You'll allow the heated rotor to rotate between the pads, thereby keeping heat from building up in a single spot on the rotor which is what helps cause warping. I try to do this as a habit at every stop.

#11 ·
i doubt you're heating up the rotors that much with a sudden highway stop.
are you sure it's your rotors? bearings can do that too or a CV.

#13 · (Edited)
try cutting them, but make sure you're within minimal spec of thickness.
then see if the vibration goes away.

a bad cv joint can cause vibration.

#14 ·
i have an argument...........

why on earth would you cut a warped rotor??

lets think about this. why does a rotor warp? if you cut it and make it thinner isnt it going to get hotter faster?

rotors are not expensive just replace them.slotted or cross drilled rotors are not even close to the quality of stock oem. some dickhead drilled a bunch of holes in them to make a few bucks..they serve no purpose..not on this level at least

#15 ·
i have an argument...........
why on earth would you cut a warped rotor??
lets think about this. why does a rotor warp? if you cut it and make it thinner isnt it going to get hotter faster?
rotors are not expensive just replace them.slotted or cross drilled rotors are not even close to the quality of stock oem. some dickhead drilled a bunch of holes in them to make a few bucks..they serve no purpose..not on this level at least
Valid arguement. Items we don't know:
-driving style, braking style
-tires: brand, size, tread depth
-front & rear pad compound
-front & rear pad thickness
-front & rear rotor thickness
-alignment specs
-bearing conditions
-axle conditions
-existing suspension geometry
-suspension changes (if any)
-overall mileage on existing components
-prior brake maintenance (if any)

We in essence have no proof it's "warped"...this is all based on: "car shakes when i brake sometimes and it's pissing me off"

Rotors could get hotter faster - that's ok. In my experience: it's HOW/WHAT you DO to effectively reduce the heat that prevents warpage.

Valid arguement nonetheless.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.