Dodge SRT4 Forums - SRT4mation banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Card and Driver Rated the SRT-4 3rd out of 5 vehicles.

#1 Acura RSX-R
#2 Subaru WRX
#3 SRT-4
#4 Cobalt SS
#5 Saturn Redline ( I Think)

How ever they did state it was the fastest of the bunch and a very well all around vehicle. Only down fall is the ride comfort and annoying interior exhaust noise.

· Registered
2,851 Posts
haha....mag pwned

· Registered
3,542 Posts
I actually have that issue i got it from road and tracks archives. And it is the reason i purchased the srt-4. Very good write up.

· Registered
218 Posts
pwn3d by a shittay 1nt3r10r!!!11

The RSX should be 3, WRX 1, SRT 2, and the other two shouldn't even be considered. At least the SRT has a price tag and performance to be happy with, the WRX is honestly just a nice car and AWD, and a winner IMO despite it's fuct mug, the RSX actually has the ever important ricer quality interior.

Cobalt ShitStain and the Saturn can rot in hell. Sad attempts at sport compact design and engineering.

· Registered
1,231 Posts
Darkness95M3 said:
Card and Ricer Rated the SRT-4 3rd out of 5 vehicles.

#1 Acura RSX-R
That article is the reason I cancelled my subscription to them. Don't give the impression that the article is a budget performance shootout then rate the car that doesn't place higher than 3rd in any metric IIRC in 1st place overall.

Edit: especially when one car wins four of the performance metrics

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rinko said:
I actually have that issue i got it from road and tracks archives. And it is the reason i purchased the srt-4. Very good write up.
It is true what they say. My friend has a 2004 Blue SRT-4 I have driven the car in numerous occasions. The power is awesome; handling is very good however it is a rough and noisy ride. He also bought the vehicle after reading a few magazine reviews.

His reason for buying:

1) Affordable
2) Looks great
3) The fastest car for the money in it’s category
4) Very easy and affordable to mod
5) Loved the Blue colour.

After owning the vehicle for a few weeks the down sides were;

1) Lousy mileage
2) Harsh Ride
3) Loud annoying exhaust ( he actually installed a resonator)
4) Wanting more Boost hence spending more money on mods.

· Registered
487 Posts
Darkness95M3 said:
It is true what they say. My friend has a 2004 Blue SRT-4 I have driven the car in numerous occasions. The power is awesome; handling is very good however it is a rough and noisy ride. He also bought the vehicle after reading a few magazine reviews.

His reason for buying:

1) Affordable
2) Looks great

1) Lousy mileage
2) Harsh Ride
Most ppl test drive a car for those exact reasons? Unless he is a deaf retard who cannot drive stick, and bought the car to look pretty in his garage.

I was thinking about buying a ferarri enzo, and then when I saw it got lousy gas mileage, I turned it down too. :doh:

· Registered
1,231 Posts
Napolean said:
I was thinking about buying a ferarri enzo
Me too but they said their employee discount for everyone program didn't include the enzo, so I broke the deal.

· Registered
23 Posts
Darkness95M3 said:

His reason for buying:

1) Affordable
2) Looks great

1) Lousy mileage
2) Harsh Ride

i like my "loud interior exhaust noise", and like napolean said most people research and test drive a car before buying. and as far as wanting more boost, he can spend 40bucks on a mbc and spike to 19psi, or he can be creative and make his own mbc. 19psi is pretty respectful amount of boost imo.:dunno:

· Registered
6,975 Posts
turboknee said:
n/p...damn my break is up....dousing yerself in gasoline, lighting yerself on fire and throwing yerself through a glass window > working on saturdays
LOL you just quoted multiple scenes from family guy lol that was hilarious

· Registered
12,866 Posts
lol the srt is quieter then my last car and my dads car, and a lot more comfortable then my last car and my dads car (dad has a 98 vette i had a 00 grand am) ....but i didnt buy the car for luxury so it all works out =P

· Registered
17 Posts
haha I was just watching that this morning and thinking the same thing. "If you want a sport compact that beats everything else, buy the srt. But if your a sissy with a soft gentle bottom, buy the rsx. It may not make as much power, or even be fast but it revs to 8100 and has vtak, so it's good." Worst comparison ever.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.