SRT4mation: Dodge Neon SRT4 Caliber SRT4 and other SRT enthusiasts banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone post step by step on how to do this from the flush to cleaning to refilling without airbubbles on the SRT-4..

THanks

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
I believe there are usually instructions printed on the back label of the products you buy. I've seen instructions on the back of a Prestone flush and fill kit...that might be a start. If not look at another similar antifreeze product. This is perhaps your quickest option.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
htheduck said:
I believe there are usually instructions printed on the back label of the products you buy. I've seen instructions on the back of a Prestone flush and fill kit...that might be a start. If not look at another similar antifreeze product. This is perhaps your quickest option.

Im talkin nSRT-4 specific, not general.

Something on the radiator to flush the system?
Something to take the air bubble out when its full?

etc, etc....

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
just flush out the radiator fluid from the spout on the bottom left corner of your radiator. change out the thermostat. make sure you don't rip the rubber gasket cuz its a dealership only part. put the cap back on the spout of the radiator. pour anti freeze where the radiator cap is. do it slowly cuz you'll see air bubbles come up do that until you see anti freeze come back up and no more air bubbles, then put anti freeze in the container behind your turbo that says special coolant only on it. thats it really. there really isn't anything specific to srt-4's than any other car when flushing out the system

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Theres something on the thermostat housing that allows you to burp the system of all air bubbles? that way you wont overheat.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That doesnt flush the whole thing...There would still be coolant in the block?? How do you Flush ALL the fluid?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Just put a hose to it, it all flushes out. Make sure your motor is perfectly cooled off to even begin to tamper with hot coolant anyways.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts