Dodge SRT4 Forums - SRT4mation banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
6,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 30 psi Ultra Lite about 4 months ago, first one that came was broken, sat at 5 vacuum when the car was off. Returned, got an new one, it worked. Decided to get a new Cobalt 30 psi(should have done in the first place) the fucker sits at 2 psi when the car is off. Do they drop them when they come off the assembly line or something.

Sorry, I'm pissed.

· Registered
6,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nosuchluck said:
so y do u keep on buying autometer gauges?:crazy:
Because I love the Cobalt series and I would have never thought it would be broken twice. It's just my luck. And when I look at other gauges they're either cheap or way too expensive. Any suggestion? if not, I'm exchanging the one I have.

Tudd: My 30psi Ultra lite is already sold.

· Registered
14,828 Posts
my boost gauge calibrates every time i turn the car all. just about all electric gauges do as far as i know.

the gauges come with their own map sensor and it hooks up under your dash. not a very complicated install at all, and you get the peak boost warning and max boost recall features as well.

· Registered
6,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
psi chick said:
my boost gauge calibrates every time i turn the car all. just about all electric gauges do as far as i know.

the gauges come with their own map sensor and it hooks up under your dash. not a very complicated install at all, and you get the peak boost warning and max boost recall features as well.
Ok, but what does the map sensor hook up to? It doesn't use the stock vacuum line does it?

· Registered
6,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
For anyone that cares I got the replacement gauge today. This one actually works.:) I hooked it up and it is quite a drastic difference in the Ultra-Lite, which I knew to begin with, the lighting is 10x better.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.