Dodge SRT4 Forums - SRT4mation banner

Dropping to mopar springs...

4K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Nolimits 
#1 ·
Im going from stock to mopar stage 1 springs, also adding the welfare sway bar setup.
26mm front
19mm rear
Im looking into purchasing new polyurethane endlinks as well as sway bar bushings.
The energy suspension site has 2 types of greasable sway bar bushings and I do not know which is for ours?
or

See less See more
#4 ·
I have a set of welfare sways/bushings sitting in my garage at home right now, with the stock front swaybar removed, so I can measure everything for you if you want. Let me know.

Oh and FYI, before you remove the swaybars, be sure to shoot the bolts with as much PB Blaster as you can for a week or so. I broke 3 of the 4 bolts holding mine in due to them being rusted all to hell (and I'm the first owner with only 34k miles). I've had to drill out two of them and retap which has worked wonderfully, but the third has an Easy-Out broken off in the bolt, so professional intervention is probably necessary.

Be warned!

#5 ·
wow thanks for the info.

Im trying to find out which bushing I need to buy.. I know the size but I dont know the style. As in my first post, the correct size bushing comes in either style A or style B. The website says to measure the stock one to know which one I need.

A is 4 1/2 length
B is 4 7/16 length

Could you look at the first post and measure the stock one to let me know which one is the stock replacement?

#6 ·
wow thanks for the info.
Im trying to find out which bushing I need to buy.. I know the size but I dont know the style. As in my first post, the correct size bushing comes in either style A or style B. The website says to measure the stock one to know which one I need.
A is 4 1/2 length
B is 4 7/16 length
Could you look at the first post and measure the stock one to let me know which one is the stock replacement?
I just measured my front swaybar bracket and its got the same measurements of A, 4 1/2" by 1 3/8".

#8 ·
just a bit of info, i went through with this setup but the front energy suspension bushings part # listed above are no good for our car since we have a stock circular bushing and the energy suspension is a U shaped..

take a look

best bet is to use the bushing that comes with the pt gt as its a bit stronger than regular rubber

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.