Dodge SRT4 Forums - SRT4mation banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
792 Posts
Alex47 said:
is the BDJ's side exit exhaust good or is the max fab better?:confused:
i like the BDJ's b/c it is one peace and there is less to fail or leak

CTI (Custom Tubes) is running a sweet group buy on their 3 inch turbo back side exit....

Now is it good, I dunno, but we have ordered one for Jr.'s 2004 Eblue....

· Registered
14,828 Posts
all of maxxfab's products are mandrel bent. he does not use press bent in anything, and never would. scott is meticulous about his systems and makes sure that they are the best out there.

now on the mounting point issue i do agree, none of the systems out there have extra supports to give it a secure fit, however that is easily remidied by going to a shop and having a hanger welded on.

i'm not a fan of side exits personally, but a lot of people are. i wouldn't venture so far as to say they are crap (at least not the maxxfab, the bdj is a different story) or that an exhaust shop could do it cheaper. getting mandrel bend piping is not cheap, and having it custom done can cost a lot of money.

· Registered
6,975 Posts
nosuchluck has CTI side exit and i know he was having fitment and clearance problems as well..

IMO id go regular 3" turboback.. i do not like side exits. just dont rub on me the right way

· Registered
5,902 Posts
psi chick said:
all of maxxfab's products are mandrel bent. he does not use press bent in anything, and never would. scott is meticulous about his systems and makes sure that they are the best out there.

now on the mounting point issue i do agree, none of the systems out there have extra supports to give it a secure fit, however that is easily remidied by going to a shop and having a hanger welded on.

i'm not a fan of side exits personally, but a lot of people are. i wouldn't venture so far as to say they are crap (at least not the maxxfab, the bdj is a different story) or that an exhaust shop could do it cheaper. getting mandrel bend piping is not cheap, and having it custom done can cost a lot of money.
edited because Amy knows what she is talking about. if you like maxxfabs then go for it. as far as custom exhausts go, they are only expensive if you go to the wrong people :D

honestly though i know of alot of places that charge less for an exhaust system like this. i think some vendors are alittle overkill on the pricing but like amy said the systems can have hangers welded on them and if maxxfab uses mandrel bends then i would choose it over the other one.

· Registered
14,828 Posts
i think the price issue comes in to play if the shop that you go to has their own mandrel bender or not. if they do, then it's not that expensive. if the work has to be outsourced, then it can get pricey pretty quick. does your shop have a mandrel bender henry? if so, then i'm sure that you could do it for less than what maxxfab or bdj's is charging and be able to include the extra support hanger.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.