Dodge SRT4 Forums - SRT4mation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The movie is called
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

Square had a website for it here: http://na.square-enix.com/dvd/ff7ac/

The story goes like this.

The story began in Midgar, city of mako, where a corporate superpower known as Shinra used its monopoly of mako energy to dominate all aspects of life, securing political power in the process. Shinras mako reactors dotted the city, harvesting the negery and converting it to a viable source of power.

However, mako energy was not the wellspring of happiness Shinra claimed it to be, but rather the vitality of the planet itself, the source of all life. Some began to realize: If we let this continue, the planet will die. These individuals set up an anti-Shinra organization called Avalanche, and began resistance efforts using guerrilla tactics.

Finally, Avalanche decided to blow up one of the mako reactors. Among the members chosen for the mission was Cloud Strife, a former memebr of Shinras elite guard, SOLDIER.

Cloud showed no emotion and was bound by no principles; he was an ex-SOLDIER and a merc, and there was nothing more to be said. But apathy could not shield Cloud forever. The reactor strike awoke in Cloud the need to confront the holes in his past and his very reasons for being. And that journey, perhaps, took the heaviest toll...*

Two years have passed...

Though Midgar, city of mako, city of prosperity, has been reduced to ruins, its people slowly but steadily walk the road to reconstruction.

However, a mysterious illness called geostigma torments them.

With no cure in sight, it brings death to the afflicted, one after another, robbing the people of their fledgling hope.

And so Cloud, who walked away from the life of a hero to live in solitude, must step forward yet again.


* Aeris?
_______________

Now it looks like its only gonna be release in Japan, but I found a TORRENT for it with English Subtitles on a website. Click on the following link to Download the Torrent (Must have a Bit Torrent to dl, and a Divx player to play)

http://isohunt.com/download.php?mode=bt&id=5866374

I loved Final Fantasy VII, it was a great game with an awesome storyline, Im downloading it right and will let you guys know how it is.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I downloaded, apparently the torrent I dl'd and what I linked above is actually a straight DVD rip and you have to burn it onto a CD (Not a dvd but a CD, it fits) and play it in a DVD player.

Watched about half of it so far before my dad kicked me off the big-screen to watch his cardinals game.

The movie is pretty damn good, its weird trying to read the English Subtitles and watching the movie, but the battle sequences are pretty awesome. All the old crew joins in at one point, Cloud, Tifa, Barrett, Red X, Cid Highwind, Vincent Valentine (This guy is AWESOME), Yufi and they all work together. Theres even alot of flashback sequences for Cloud involving Sephiroth and Aeris. So far I give this movie an A-.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Nolimits said:
Well I downloaded, apparently the torrent I dl'd and what I linked above is actually a straight DVD rip and you have to burn it onto a CD (Not a dvd but a CD, it fits) and play it in a DVD player.

Watched about half of it so far before my dad kicked me off the big-screen to watch his cardinals game.

The movie is pretty damn good, its weird trying to read the English Subtitles and watching the movie, but the battle sequences are pretty awesome. All the old crew joins in at one point, Cloud, Tifa, Barrett, Red X, Cid Highwind, Vincent Valentine (This guy is AWESOME), Yufi and they all work together. Theres even alot of flashback sequences for Cloud involving Sephiroth and Aeris. So far I give this movie an A-.
Cardinals game? Do you live in st.louis?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
429 Posts
i agree Final Fanasty VII is the best game ever played it everyday when i came home from school when i didnt have a license the tat on my back was drawn after sephoroith
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
99 Posts
BRETT i want that DVD! I used to be a huge FF fan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
HagenRacing said:
Cardinals game? Do you live in st.louis?
Nah, my Dad just always has been a huge Cards fan since the days of Bob Gibson.

SRTSuch said:
BRETT i want that DVD! I used to be a huge FF fan
Dude, I just finished watching the movie finally. A++++. Its only just over an hour long but WOW, it totally blew away my expectations.

Theres a spoiler underneath this, if you want to read it, just highlight it:
Sephiroth gets reborn and theres a huge fight between Cloud and Sephiroth at the end.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
99 Posts
Nolimits said:
Nah, my Dad just always has been a huge Cards fan since the days of Bob Gibson.



Dude, I just finished watching the movie finally. A++++. Its only just over an hour long but WOW, it totally blew away my expectations.

Theres a spoiler underneath this, if you want to read it, just highlight it:
Sephiroth gets reborn and theres a huge fight between Cloud and Sephiroth at the end.
Yea I just watched it yesterday night and it was AMAZING :w00t: ! Brought back a lot of memories... it was really cool to see them all brought back to life. However, it feels like it was just a really long episode of a cartoon... shouldda been like 2 hours. Sephiroth finally appears in the last like 15 minutes and as soon as you know it, he's dead and the movie is practically over :ftard:
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top