Dodge SRT4 Forums - SRT4mation banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
2,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tinting windows....
well about a week ago someone attempted to break into my black jeep by busting the driverside window...i heard the window smash came outside and they ran off...i dont know what they were trying to steal...because i had already removed the stereo system and put it in my other jeep...and there was really nothing else worth anything in ther....so the next day i went out and bought another window for it....and it was untinted (all my other windows are at a "police certified:mad:" 4%) and my buddy that did the tinting on my other windows is outa town for the next couple weeks

well a few minuits ago while i was sitting at home waiting for my buddy to bring over his bearings for a motor were building....i decided to give it a shot....biggest mistake ever...the window now has countless bubbles and creases....:doh:

so now i have a little more respect for the people who know how to do it well....now i gotta peal all that shit back off the window and order more tint....

· Registered
1,587 Posts
yeah tinting is a bitch....but props for trying it....i watched these jackass tint guys work on my sentra and they sucked....had bubbles too and they cut the tint w/ a box cutter while they stuck it to my window...so it scratched the hell out of my windows....regardless leave tinting to large chain tint shops...you get the best jobs done at those

· Registered
2,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
turboknee said:
yeah tinting is a bitch....but props for trying it....i watched these jackass tint guys work on my sentra and they sucked....had bubbles too and they cut the tint w/ a box cutter while they stuck it to my window...so it scratched the hell out of my windows....regardless leave tinting to large chain tint shops...you get the best jobs done at those
yea...

well normally i would just let my buddy do it...but hes outa town, and i was bored sittig around waiting....

· Registered
2,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GotWhat? said:
You're not good at life either....
well........you drive a ford:violin:

· Registered
2,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
touche

· Registered
2,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
PatrickSRT said:
Hey is your jeep fast?
which one....the white or the black one?

· Registered
2,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
PatrickSRT said:
im not even sure.. im not trying to be a dick that comes later...but really what do u do to a jeep to make it fast? like 14 sec jeep or ? what lol
well the white one in my ava is stock and i was just having fun with it...i would imagine its somewhere in the mid-high 16's....but its not worth going to the track to find out....

now the black one....has 3.55:1 final drive, "custom"intake setup, "custom"hacked up exhaust, moderate interior weight reduction, est 110-125 NOS shot, couple lil supporting fuel and ignition mods....and bested a 13.8 @ 104 at gainseville......but is now in re-construction awaiting the stroker build im doing

· Registered
3,567 Posts
Or a bottle of alcohol/dishwashing fluid/h2o solution to spray both the glass and the adhesive side of the tint? :confused:

· Registered
2,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yep...used a sqeege, dishwashing fluid and water ....and i sprayed the fuck outa the glass before sticking it on....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.