Dodge SRT4 Forums - SRT4mation banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guy,

I am going to try to get out their this satuday night with my cobalt SS S/C. I love the look of your cars (str4s) and wanted to see some up close and hang out.

Does anyone here go on saturdays?

-Rich
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,020 Posts
Look around for the thread on aviation plaza...

We meet up every saturday in linden at 7pm...

Check it out you are more than welcome...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,570 Posts
We meet EVERY sat.:eviltongu Bring the Cobalt over! I've always wanted to check one out in person. Never had the opportunity to do so.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool. Ill see you guys there ;)

-Rich
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,250 Posts
I saw a Cobalt SS at ETOWN at the staging lane and then I saw his headlights :) He pulled a 15.9 or something like that. Still had the temporary tag on it. Crazy mofo.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Musta been still learning to drive it... A good driver should be able to touch 14.5 @ 98.

Not quiet as quick as you guys... but we should pull a quicker 60'

The only time I lined up with an srt4 I got him off the line... by about a car lenght... by 40mph we were neck and neck... 65 I was seeing his tail lights...

I don't think he was stock though... his blow-off valve was super loud.

Anyway, see you saturday.

-Rich
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,250 Posts
See ya bro. If you feel like racing, some of us are heading down to ETOWN on Friday.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
616 Posts
I might make it out, depends on the weather and if I'm done with my trans/converter swap. I want to see how my 4200 stall does on the street :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,828 Posts
not trying to start an argument, but why do you say that an ss should have a quicker 60'? i've only seen a few timeslips for them, but all were 2.2+ for the 60' times. now i'm sure that with practice that should come down, but over all it seems that the 60' times are about the same for both cars. why would the ss do better at the launch? not trying to be an ass, just trying to understand the car.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,020 Posts
saw one last week, or was it the week before, hmmm, anyways, I was gonna give him props because I like the car, but as soon as I pull up he challenges me to a race...

I like the car, but just like the srt-4, I wish there was a driver screening process... LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
BlackDragon said:
I like the car, but just like the srt-4, I wish there was a driver screening process... LOL
I know what you mean... Ive seen like 2 or 3 srt4s local to me... the one I lined up with was by Kean University...

However I was rolling with one right by house on rt 1. The driver was an really cool guy. Had a black srt4. We gave each other thumbs up and the just played around a little on the highway.

Psi chick: No offense taken. From a few time slips I've seen stock v. stock the ss _usually_ traps about 2.2 seconds on a sub 15sec 1/4 and the srt4 hits the 60' a hair after that but once you guys are up to full boost you end up trapping the 1/4 much faster then us. But I only have seen a limited about of info on this so I say usually... but not trying to start any crap either :D

I really don't know to much about the SRT4's meaning I don't know if you guys suffer from the contriversal "turbo lag", but from the second I hit the gas I have boost... I reach about 10lbs by ~4000 rpms and top 12.5lbs at about ~6000.

However what really sucks about the ss is the ecu cuts the fuel at 6500 rpms exactly, thats the start of the so called redline on the tach; its soo annoying.

-Rich
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,975 Posts
if ur trapping 98 there should be no reason you cant pull a 14.2 or 14.1 even.. i only trapped 99.4 with my 14.1
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Is that with your stage 1?

-Rich
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,934 Posts
DrEdSrT4 said:
if ur trapping 98 there should be no reason you cant pull a 14.2 or 14.1 even.. i only trapped 99.4 with my 14.1
dan you gotta remember, that those cars arent like ours on the top end... coming from someone who used to own a GM supercharged car, lol, the srt's top end is something that cant be messed with, i mean, the ss is a nice ass car, but the s/c is known to loose steam up at the top end while we are still pulling... the s/c is nice off the line (instant boost) but its not as powerful as our turbos, so their traps will differ from ours, every car is different

CJ's old camaro was running 13.9 but trapping like 104, haha see the difference in cars?

PS... dan, i called you yesterday you douche! it was CJ's birthday and we were at his house workin on his car... 9 inch rear w/ 4.11 gears and larger fuel pump for a 150 shot now... oh boy, he will be deep in the 11's
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,975 Posts
kgmdawg84 said:
dan you gotta remember, that those cars arent like ours on the top end... coming from someone who used to own a GM supercharged car, lol, the srt's top end is something that cant be messed with, i mean, the ss is a nice ass car, but the s/c is known to loose steam up at the top end while we are still pulling... the s/c is nice off the line (instant boost) but its not as powerful as our turbos, so their traps will differ from ours, every car is different

CJ's old camaro was running 13.9 but trapping like 104, haha see the difference in cars?

PS... dan, i called you yesterday you douche! it was CJ's birthday and we were at his house workin on his car... 9 inch rear w/ 4.11 gears and larger fuel pump for a 150 shot now... oh boy, he will be deep in the 11's
*throws up all over myself and dies*... IM SORRY! FUCK! i didnt know, i was in the hot tub with 2 gorgeous girls drinking screwdrivers kid lol, i wasnt answering my phone if GOD called me

and this is true about the supercharger.. my old truck was untouchable off the line but my SRT would own it on the highway.. good point ken
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,828 Posts
astrocrep said:
Psi chick: No offense taken. From a few time slips I've seen stock v. stock the ss _usually_ traps about 2.2 seconds on a sub 15sec 1/4 and the srt4 hits the 60' a hair after that but once you guys are up to full boost you end up trapping the 1/4 much faster then us. But I only have seen a limited about of info on this so I say usually... but not trying to start any crap either :D

I really don't know to much about the SRT4's meaning I don't know if you guys suffer from the contriversal "turbo lag", but from the second I hit the gas I have boost... I reach about 10lbs by ~4000 rpms and top 12.5lbs at about ~6000.

However what really sucks about the ss is the ecu cuts the fuel at 6500 rpms exactly, thats the start of the so called redline on the tach; its soo annoying.

-Rich
on average srt's are doing the same 60' times. anything from a 2.1-2.3 is pretty common to see on street tires. there are a few that do 2.0's on street tires, but that's not a regular occurance. so overall, i think that it's safe to say that the two cars have about the same 60' times.

as for boost, we hit boost on the stock turbo at around 2200 rpms. obvioulsy this changes with different aftermarket turbos, so there is some variation once modded.

our ecu cuts fuel too, at 6250 for stock cars and 6500 for s2 or s3 cars. yup, it sucks :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
6250... thats rough. I was hoping to make it to the track friday night but It looks like its going to rain. I was curious to see what I could actual run the car at.

Do you guys meet rain or shine on saturdays?

Psi Chick: I appears I've developed a little bit of ignorance from the cobaltss forums thinking that s/c would give us a little more push off the line then your turbos. I appreciate you guys kicking me some information. I don't know much about your forums here, but cobaltss (.com or .net) has some many tards spouting off on how they walk srt4s day and night... Im just like there soo stupid. Stock for stock you guys have a ton more torque then us. I can easily see why a lot of SRT4 ppl don't like cobalt drivers.

One thing I was wondering, Dodge rates your engine at 235hp / 250tq (or something similar) is that to the crank or wheels; and is that under or over rated?

We are quoted at 205 / 200 but dyno around 215 / 195.

Thanks,

-Rich
 
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Top