SRT4mation: Dodge Neon SRT4 Caliber SRT4 and other SRT enthusiasts banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a big problem it rained and when i got on my car to leave school i heard like water draining when i looked at my front passenge side floor theres water leaking down. alot and i checked everything that eye visible but cant fin nothing wrong. all my window seals look fine and are dry from the inside.

I dont knoe Its the second time it happens I took it to the service dealer thing and they said they "fixed it" but appereantly not shit im mad im about to tell em to give me a brand new srt 4

btw the water is coming from behind the glove comparment and under the dash. Just cant find the entry way

anyone has or had this problem?

·
Registered
86 Posts
I don't really know much about ur cars... but I know a few cars (mainly fords) had alot of A/C Condensation dripping down from under/behind the glove box.

Did you have your a/c on?

-Rich

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nah its not the ac cause when i first bought the car i used the ac all the time for like 2-3 months than one day it rained really really hard and my passenger side floor became a moving pool. so i took it to the shop they fixed it according to them now it rained again and its still leakin i dont knoe ima take it next thursday to the shop

·
Registered
14,828 Posts
this is the second time i've heard of this. from what i remember it leaks from the windshield, i'll see if i can find out what the fix was....

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
aight cool thx yea they tole me the windshiel last time also but apperently they didnt do good job

·
Registered
14,828 Posts
ok this is what i was told by the other owner: "The initial issue was that the A/C hose that released condensation was routed in the car. Then it was leaking from the cowl into the car. And/or bad seal on the windshield itself."

have them check those areas out and let us know what happens....

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
k np im going thursday that way i can be the first one there

·
Registered
23,268 Posts
jb4short said:
I don't know anything about cars....but it sounds like a drain line off from the cowl.
you might not be that far off.

my boss used to have an Audi A4 (which is the biggest piece of crap). In the fall, when the leaves where falling, they used to accumulate where the hood meets the wipers (in that little sections where the wipers are). When it rained, water never drained properly and used to drip in the car. He found out that it was the leaves.

Now I know that there arent any leaves yet, but it may be the same idea. Like amy said, it could be your windshield

1 - 10 of 10 Posts