Dodge SRT4 Forums - SRT4mation banner
1 - 20 of 205 Posts

· Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just take a guess.......
thats right an srt-4 and..and its gets better...a modded wrx.
ok now guess how the races turned out...
well. the srt-4 was first to go down we got to race from a light. light turned green he got a little jump on me scince i spun a little but at the end of first my nose was at his front wheel then through second his nose was at my rear wheel the trhough third i just kept walkin him after i topped out 3rd i shut her down he flew past given me a thumbs up. then shortly after what should roll up next to me a wrx i heard his exhasut and it was loud. now i have nothing against WRXs just there owners they think nothing is faster and blah blah w/e and anyway were going about 60 and he looks at me and i look at him and he down shifts then i down shift into third and give it a little jump to let him know im ready he beeps and goes on 2(ricer) so he gets a small jump but my 80 im right next to him and my 3rd gear hits about 112 so i continue to walk past him and put a car on him then i shift to fourth just for fun and shut down at about 130. i would have gone faster but my tires are only rated to go 112. but just goes to show you LS1>all

· Registered
505 Posts
2000WS6TA said:
just take a guess.......
thats right an srt-4 and..and its gets better...a modded wrx.
ok now guess how the races turned out...
well. the srt-4 was first to go down we got to race from a light. light turned green he got a little jump on me scince i spun a little but at the end of first my nose was at his front wheel then through second his nose was at my rear wheel the trhough third i just kept walkin him after i topped out 3rd i shut her down he flew past given me a thumbs up. then shortly after what should roll up next to me a wrx i heard his exhasut and it was loud. now i have nothing against WRXs just there owners they think nothing is faster and blah blah w/e and anyway were going about 60 and he looks at me and i look at him and he down shifts then i down shift into third and give it a little jump to let him know im ready he beeps and goes on 2(ricer) so he gets a small jump but my 80 im right next to him and my 3rd gear hits about 112 so i continue to walk past him and put a car on him then i shift to fourth just for fun and shut down at about 130. i would have gone faster but my tires are only rated to go 112. but just goes to show you LS1>all
I lined up against a modded WS6 the other week at Epping.

he ran a wonderful 12.9, I was more than a full second faster. Almost 1.5 seconds faster.

I was expecting more of a fight considering the WS6 cost about what the Cobra did new, and he dumped about $5000 into the car...

· Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LittleMT said:
Buy New Tires....!
lol i should but i aint gots no money. acutaully there good perelli(spelling)tires but my lead foot gets the best of me in races. the launch isnt the problem its just when i jump off the line as soon as the stires stop hopping i floor it and then just lose traction again but after i spin shifting into second its all haul ass from there.

· Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
04SVT said:
I lined up against a modded WS6 the other week at Epping.
he ran a wonderful 12.9, I was more than a full second faster. Almost 1.5 seconds faster.
I was expecting more of a fight considering the WS6 cost about what the Cobra did new, and he dumped about $5000 into the car...
if your almost a second and a half faster of course your gonna run right past him. and i bet ya if he really had 5k in it it would have been alot closer. good drivers put down 12.9s on a stock WS6. if i had $5k to blow id have well over 450hp and walk right by your crapstang

and about them costing the same...the mustang was originally made as a cheap sports *laughing*car that anyone could afford and ford decided to keep the tradition going making cheap cars with cheap parts the break within the first 5000 miles

· Registered
2,098 Posts
2000WS6TA said:
if your almost a second and a half faster of course your gonna run right past him. and i bet ya if he really had 5k in it it would have been alot closer. good drivers put down 12.9s on a stock WS6. if i had $5k to blow id have well over 450hp and walk right by your crapstang
and about them costing the same...the mustang was originally made as a cheap sports *laughing*car that anyone could afford and ford decided to keep the tradition going making cheap cars with cheap parts the break within the first 5000 miles
ricer

· Registered
505 Posts
2000WS6TA said:

Hate to say it but the same reason Ford made the Mustang is the same exact reason GM made the Camaro and Firebird.

Go read up on some history.

PS: with about $5000 in mods most 03/04 Cobras are 600 RWHP... You really oughta read up more on what your car, and of course, other cars can and cannot do. I have around $2000 into the car and am already just a few HP short of 500 at the rear wheels...

PSS: What pony car, or as you put it "cheap sports *laughing* car is still made today, and which ones couldn't sell enough in the late 90's to continue building them?

· Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
04SVT said:
Hate to say it but the same reason Ford made the Mustang is the same exact reason GM made the Camaro and Firebird.
Go read up on some history.
PS: with about $5000 in mods most 03/04 Cobras are 600 RWHP... You really oughta read up more on what your car, and of course, other cars can and cannot do. I have around $2000 into the car and am already just a few HP short of 500 at the rear wheels...
PSS: What pony car, or as you put it "cheap sports *laughing* car is still made today, and which ones couldn't sell enough in the late 90's to continue building them?
daaaaannng! relax i thought that was what WS was about being an ass and joking around. calm down. and if the LS1 came stock with s/c then with $2K the LS1 would do the same exact thing as a cobra. and yea i know they dont make th f-body anymore but its only because the mustang guys were getting upset becasue they couldnt keep up(SHUT UP MACH!) j/k i am ashamed to say they dont make the fbody anymore because no one wanted them, but now that ther not made anymore, everyone wants one.

· Registered
505 Posts
2000WS6TA said:
daaaaannng! relax i thought that was what WS was about being an ass and joking around. calm down. and if the LS1 came stock with s/c then with $2K the LS1 would do the same exact thing as a cobra. and yea i know they dont make th f-body anymore but its only because the mustang guys were getting upset becasue they couldnt keep up(SHUT UP MACH!) j/k i am ashamed to say they dont make the fbody anymore because no one wanted them, but now that ther not made anymore, everyone wants one.
Ricer.

The LS1 didn't come with a supercharger. The 03/04 Cobra does. Too bad for you.

You sound like those **** with Honduhs... if I had a turbo then I would ROXOR JOO!

· Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
04SVT said:
Ricer.
The LS1 didn't come with a supercharger. The 03/04 Cobra does. Too bad for you.
You sound like those **** with Honduhs... if I had a turbo then I would ROXOR JOO!
yea i know it doesnt. thanks i already said that. i was trying to say the only reason it can make that much power off such little money is because of the s/c. and if i had a turbo i would win:D but i dont make excuses why i lose. i lost to azuremach and i admitted it. i even posted it on ls1tech whoopie i lost theres always a faster car. your svt would beat me and some other f-body will beat you and another svt can beat that guy and some fbody guy can beat that guy it goes on and on. well im sry i upset you, ill be more careful of what i say around the mustang guys next time.

1 - 20 of 205 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.