Dodge SRT4 Forums - SRT4mation banner

harsh ride

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Sota 
#1 ·
okay i need help i have tein springs the ones that lower the car 2.0 1.8 in the back on stock struts how there still alive i dont know i cant stand the ride anymore:mad: :mad: now my ?? is if i get coilovers will i be able to slam it low and get a decent ride and is it possible to get a decent ride with our cars when i hit a bump it feels like i went over a land mine also i would like to spend under 900 hundred if i cant get this car to ride better i dont know what to do

#3 ·
c/o will typically give you a better ride...
HOWEVER, get progressive springs... if you get linears you will not like the ride...
kw and bilstein (i think) make VERY nice progressive c/o's... take a look.
thanks i will check i have a horrible ride coilovers are $$$$ but if i dont get a more comfortable ride i quit now i got to start saving again

#4 ·
bc coilovers are purported to be excellent in both feel and handling. you should be able to get a set for less than a grand.

#7 ·
everything will feel harsh over stock...period.

it's your tolerance that needs to be adjusted...if you want aftermarket suspension components. what you're feeling are blown out struts.

Usually CO units will have the ability to adjust both dampening and rebound---and usually their spring rates are higher since they are smaller in dimensions.

so think about what your plans are for the car-and you should be able to spend your hard earned $$$s wisely.

#8 ·
everything will feel harsh over stock...period.
it's your tolerance that needs to be adjusted...if you want aftermarket suspension components. what you're feeling are blown out struts.
Usually CO units will have the ability to adjust both dampening and rebound---and usually their spring rates are higher since they are smaller in dimensions.
so think about what your plans are for the car-and you should be able to spend your hard earned $$$s wisely.
my shocks are not blown ive check them no oil no clunk i push down the front and rear of the car and it doesnt budge i think the tein springs are way to soft :mad:

#9 ·
you consider teins a soft spring - yet your car feels like a land mine.
it's not clear to me what you mean by ride better...so good luck with your purchase.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.