Dodge SRT4 Forums - SRT4mation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know shit about computers but I just got a brand new one and It's pretty nice. It's got all kinds of shit I'll probably never use but I did notice I've got Windows movie maker and Muvee Technologies. I've got almost 3 years worth of SRT videos and other good shit on DVC tapes but I never could do anything with it. I just went out and bought a Fire wire to transfer my videos. I havent tried to do anything yet so I'm still basically clueless, any info about making videos and then what to do with them afterwards would be appreciated.

· Registered
23,268 Posts
first you have to get it hosted. It's gonna be hard to get 3 years worth of videos, hosted...because that's tooooo much hard drives space. either way, once you get it hosted, youi can post it here (by just pasting the link to the video)

I'm planning on making an SRT-4mation DVD ... if you're cool with it, i'd like a copy of those tapes.

· Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Oh yeah I'm not trying to post everything at once, but there are a lot of little clips here and there that I'd like to show. I'm definitely up for making a compilation video. I gave SRTinliny aka Freakenriken the idea of making one after he made the Memorial day meet one but he hasn't had the time while house hunting.

And B.T.W. I said I'm clueless, so what does hosting mean exactly? I've seen things like Putfile.com that say free uploads and I've seen a lot of videos there, but how do you do It? I really like windows media player, how do I get it so when you click the link it goes straight to that? Like for example... most of N2OJeeps videos.

· Registered
14,828 Posts
go to putfile and just upload the video. there's an area on the first page where you hit "browse" and find the file on your computer. then after it's uploaded, just paste the link in a thread here. if you put it as a link (click the "link" button when posting it in the window) it will make it a clickable link. then people have the option of either saving the file or just directly watching it.

does that make sense????

· Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
No I get it, you think I'm retarted!! :smilie_au :sad_pace: I was just kidding. I'll play around with it and ask for more help when I run into problems. What other sites like Putfile would you suggest?

P.S. I just checked out your car domain page (amy) and I realized it's been a very long time since I've seen you....probablly since Memorial day. I haven't seen your exhaust like that or your headlights, Hell I haven't even seen your Stage 3!! Anyways, hope to see you soon.

· Registered
14,828 Posts
it has been a long time, but i didn't realize it was that long! damn, we gotta hang out!!!!

back to the video hosting, there is another site that some people use, but i can't remember off hand what it is. the putfile site seems to work well for people, so try that and see if it works. if not i'll see if i can find the other site....

edit: just found it. streetfire.net

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.