Dodge SRT4 Forums - SRT4mation banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
3,922 Posts
My cheap race gas comes from here: http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/misc/octanebooster.html

And I use Xylene as my mixer, just go to Home Depot to your paint section. Xylene can be found in the paint thinner shelves. It comes in different sized canisters, I buy the 1 gal (usually about $12) cans.

FORMULA 2
Xylene
R+M/2...117
Cost...$2.75/gal
Mixtures with 92 Octane Premium
10%...94.5 Octane
20%...97.0 Octane
30%...99.5 Octane
Notes: Similar to Toulene. 12-16 ounces will only raise octane 2-3 *points*, I.e. from 92 to 92.3.
Two things you will also need:

A 2 or 3 gallon portable gas tank for mixing purposes.
Some tranmission fluid.

Pour all the Xylene into the portable tank. Pour a capful of transmission fluid into the portable tank (They say this tiny amount of transmission fluid is used to lubricate the seals and whatnot, I have used this with no adverse affects on my engine). And gently shake the gas tank around to mix it a little bit.

Then wait for your tank in your car to be ALMOST EMPTY (when gas light starts BLINKING) then drive to the gas station and pour the mixture into your tank and tell the gas guy to fill it up, the new gas flowing into the tank will mix the mixture you poured in there and create race gas.

-

Now depending on the portable tank size you bought (2 or 3 gallons) is what percent octane you get according to the chart listed above.

They say we have about a 12 gallon tank. In my experience, on Empty I could never get more than 11 gallons so I will go by 11 gallons for safety purposes.

20% of 11 gallons = 2.2 gallons
30% of 11 gallons = 3.3 gallons

So we are in fact using less than the required amount (2 gallons instead of 2.2 and 3 gallons instead of 3.3), but since the formula takes 92 octane into the equation and not 93 (or even 94 in some places) we should still see those octane ratings in the range of 97 and 99.5.

I also plan on using this mixture when I go to the track and pouring in 2 gallons when the car gas tank is empty AND having Sunoco GT 100 put in for im guessing an octane equivalent of 105 or even more. This should ensure me I will never get kicked out of High Octane Mode when racing down the track.

Disclaimer: SRT-4mation WILL NOT be held accountable for damaged 02 sensors or any other damage for that matter. Do this at YOUR own risk!

· Registered
5,147 Posts
Brett, you knew they were going to rip you apart for posting this!!! :lol:

· Registered
18 Posts
Nolimits said:
My cheap race gas comes from here: http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/misc/octanebooster.html

And I use Xylene as my mixer, just go to Home Depot to your paint section. Xylene can be found in the paint thinner shelves. It comes in different sized canisters, I buy the 1 gal (usually about $12) cans.

Two things you will also need:

A 2 or 3 gallon portable gas tank for mixing purposes.
Some tranmission fluid.

Pour all the Xylene into the portable tank. Pour a capful of transmission fluid into the portable tank (They say this tiny amount of transmission fluid is used to lubricate the seals and whatnot, I have used this with no adverse affects on my engine). And gently shake the gas tank around to mix it a little bit.

Then wait for your tank in your car to be ALMOST EMPTY (when gas light starts BLINKING) then drive to the gas station and pour the mixture into your tank and tell the gas guy to fill it up, the new gas flowing into the tank will mix the mixture you poured in there and create race gas.

-

Now depending on the portable tank size you bought (2 or 3 gallons) is what percent octane you get according to the chart listed above.

They say we have about a 12 gallon tank. In my experience, on Empty I could never get more than 11 gallons so I will go by 11 gallons for safety purposes.

20% of 11 gallons = 2.2 gallons
30% of 11 gallons = 3.3 gallons

So we are in fact using less than the required amount (2 gallons instead of 2.2 and 3 gallons instead of 3.3), but since the formula takes 92 octane into the equation and not 93 (or even 94 in some places) we should still see those octane ratings in the range of 97 and 99.5.

I also plan on using this mixture when I go to the track and pouring in 2 gallons when the car gas tank is empty AND having Sunoco GT 100 put in for im guessing an octane equivalent of 105 or even more. This should ensure me I will never get kicked out of High Octane Mode when racing down the track.

Disclaimer: SRT-4mation WILL NOT be held accountable for damaged 02 sensors or any other damage for that matter. Do this at YOUR own risk!
i don't see this being cost effective. i can get 103 unleaded for $6 a gall or 3 gall for $18.

to make the xylene mix i would go 2 gal 93 octane and one of xylene. (93+93+117)/3 = 101 octane for $17.36 (2.69/gal gas + $12 1 gal xylene) then you gotta add marvels

the race gas has more octane for not much more money.

this stuff was the shit when it was under $3 per gallon, now since it has gone over $10 it is better to just buy racegas.

· Registered
8,003 Posts
Bump it up for another alternative to race gas with Torco Racing Fuels going out of business for tax fraud
Torco is going under?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.