Dodge SRT4 Forums - SRT4mation banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey ya'll... I just wanted to put my foot in the door and let everyone know that if they have any questions in regards to tuning or parts to feel free to shoot me a PM. I have pleanty of experience when it comes to tuning on many platforms - E-manage/SAFC/AEM EMS/TEC3 etc... so if you all have any questions, send them my way. Also, please not that I dont know everything, but if there is something I can't answer, you better beleive its gonna bug me to death, so I will get it answered.

I'm from NJ, so if anyone ever needs me to come over and build a good map for them. please contact me.

Happy Tuning
L

· Registered
29,036 Posts
Here's one for you...I just recently had a SAFCII installed on my car. I've been on those "other" forums looking in the high tech tuning section to find out what the settings should be. Been thru 100's of posts and no clear answers. Can you tell me what I should set everything at on it so I stop hitting fuel cut @ 19psi. My mods are AGP wga w/ bleed, Stage 1, Injen 3" TBE, K&N CAI, CCA Big FMIC, NGK 4306 plugs gapped @ .035, MSD Wires, Apexi SAFCII(obviously), AGP UPP with HKS BOV going on the car tonight or tomorrow morning. Thanks for any and all help. Jay

· Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well to understand the way a SAFC works, if you dont already... it's an advanced map clamp. All it's doing it taking away voltage that the MAP see's at a certain TPS vs RPM. If you are hitting fuel cut, then that means that you are not pulling fuel away where it is cutting out. Do you have a wideband o2? If not, get one so you are not running yourself lean. If you dont have a wideband, PM about a price for me to come out and tune it for you.

L

· Registered
8,169 Posts
MunkysSRT4 said:
Here's one for you...I just recently had a SAFCII installed on my car. I've been on those "other" forums looking in the high tech tuning section to find out what the settings should be. Been thru 100's of posts and no clear answers. Can you tell me what I should set everything at on it so I stop hitting fuel cut @ 19psi. My mods are AGP wga w/ bleed, Stage 1, Injen 3" TBE, K&N CAI, CCA Big FMIC, NGK 4306 plugs gapped @ .035, MSD Wires, Apexi SAFCII(obviously), AGP UPP with HKS BOV going on the car tonight or tomorrow morning. Thanks for any and all help. Jay
what you are getting is actually spark blow out because you are running too rich,like lance said you MUST have a wideband if you plan on messing with it by yourself.
my advice to you would be purchase a wideband and then we can help you tune it or you can set it up with me or someone else like lance to tune it.

your other option would be to go get it dyno tuned.however i dont think its a good idea not to do that because your tune will change and you will not know it.you can pay up to 300 an hr to tune on the dyno.so in the end its much cheaper to get a wideband

· Registered
1,529 Posts
MunkysSRT4 said:
are you getting a cel p0108 (high map voltage code) or hitting feul/ spark cut at wot as soon as you hit 4th gear?. its very common with stage 1 and safc combo. I used to get it when i was on s1 injectors and my correction factor was at 0 all around. i got bigger injectors, wideband and tuned and the problem disappeared. you need to ethier lower your boost settings or add bigger injectors and pull fuel out

· Registered
29,036 Posts
srtjay said:
are you getting a cel p0108 (high map voltage code) or hitting feul/ spark cut at wot as soon as you hit 4th gear?. its very common with stage 1 and safc combo. I used to get it when i was on s1 injectors and my correction factor was at 0 all around. i got bigger injectors, wideband and tuned and the problem disappeared. you need to ethier lower your boost settings or add bigger injectors and pull fuel out
:beerchug: You guessed it. I lowered my boost down to 18psi and haven't had any problems since. I kinda figured I was going to need bigger injectors cause of this. I'm saving for a set of them and a wideband. Now my ? is what size injectors did you go with?!? I was thinking of just getting stage 2 injectors or should I go with something bigger from RC?!? Thanks for the advice. Jay

· Registered
29,036 Posts
srtjay said:
glad i can help you man, get rc 650's thats what i have cuz you never know if you'll go bigger in the future and a wideband :bigthumb: oh and an mbc and get rid of that bleeder valve
Thanks for the info. But I like my bleeder...Can't I keep it...Puh puhlease?!? HaHa just playing. I'm trying to get a Turbo XS Dual Stage HP boost controller through my car lot. I want to be able to have a different settings to keep myself out of trouble when just trying to cruise.:eek: :rolleyes:

· Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
my recommendation is to get a return line right now and stay with your stg1 injectors. A return line with stg1 injectors flows more than just popping in stg2 injectors. Plus if you ever decided to go big turbo or something along those lines, you allready have part of what you need.

Some forum members will say that they have stg2 injectors in their cars and it runs fine, yeah yeah... the thing is they arent actually looking at their long/short term fuel trims and dont realize that the ECU is having a good old time adjusting for those fuel levels. If you get a return line, you are allowing the ECU to make the adjustments at idle and in curising mods (which is the same as stock), but when you come into boost you get all the added fuel.

Final thing to remember is, when adding stg2 injectors into a stg 0/1 car, you need to pull fuel away, and what you are doing is pulling map voltage away, which at times can be dangerous if you dont have all the necessary monitoring tools.

Just my 2c guys.

L

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.