Dodge SRT4 Forums - SRT4mation banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
jmcmil6 said:
imagine arriving to your car to see that in person.. to find out ur big fmic came in hours later.. :eek: :violin:
so r u gonna take them to court and get ur car fixed. thats fucked up there trying to screw u jason i say just get a lawyer and let him take care of them lol.

· Registered
106 Posts
E=Money said:
so r u gonna take them to court and get ur car fixed. thats fucked up there trying to screw u jason i say just get a lawyer and let him take care of them lol.
im looking into the lawyer thing.. but i've got some things up my sleeve pending the trans removal...personally i think its bs they didnt remove it in the first place....kinda a no-brainer...

funny how they called me friday at 5pm.. car not touched.. then by next am.. at 830 they had a diagnosis...being what needs to be replaced and a denial from the area rep .. and this was on a saturday morning..hmmmm....

and they were able to do so by onlyl racking the vehicle.. cuz as they stated they can look at the pieces that came out the trans to diagnosis it...????? and somehow they even tested the motor to find out it has no compression.. maybe my memory evades me.. but i dont think the starter is even attached anymore...:violin:

· Registered
1,131 Posts
I don't care if the car was doing a burn out or not they should cover it. I can't even imagine ford not covering that shit. If it can't handle doing burnouts its a design flaw or a defect. Clutches used to blow up all the time in the 60's and 70's,they rarely blow up on stock cars these days which leads me to believe this was a factory defective clutch. Dodge is just a pos company when it comes to these cars,they never cover shit on these cars. I hate to think of the day when my brothers car needs to go in for warranty work,I will probably end up in jail from beating up the service manager.

· Registered
106 Posts
thanks.. yeah it gets even better.. "most" of the clutch(thats still intact is almost like brand new) only one side of it is destroyed along w/ the flywheel, which is the part that actually exploded.. i'll post picks in a bit:dunno:

· Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i say take them to court make them pay for a new car then make them pay for the downtime and say how u really needed the car and get a couple thousand out of them for a big turbo kit.

· Registered
106 Posts

one of the service advisors from work went w/ me to the dealership and we talked to both the service manager and assistant service manager and he thinks my chances are looking very good, since he says there are no visible signs of abuse to the vehicle and they dont have any proof.. we also found out they lied about finding an overrev code.. turns out the wiring going to the ecu was cut.. thus preventing it from saving any memory.. ironically that was one of the first things they told me they found :dunno:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.