Dodge SRT4 Forums - SRT4mation banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we had the first meet. Not horrible, but not good either. We had two people other than me and my vibe show up. And vypurr was at hooters as i was leaving there after waiting for an hour or so outside hoping some srt's would show up.

On a more serious note: Ill be very blunt and plz dont bother him with questions this thread will hopefully be used to create some solutions.
Hozay " Honestly Im thinking about dropping the pa chapter all together. Theres just no commitment there, we have a state across the country that takes this club more serious. Whats the point?"

So yeah, unless you guys wanna just blend in with nj and ny which i sure as hell dont wanna do. NO offense meant to them but that would be pretty embarrasing if we lost our chapter b/c we couldnt get a f'n regular meet going.

I'd like to hear everyone's suggestions even the people outside of pa on what could be causing such a lack of interest. This is either going to be a big problem or it will just be an eliminated problem. Im sorry to say it but the pa chapter may be coming to a close in the near future if we dont get our stuff together.

I personally think that a regular meet sometime on the weekend would be great maybe a late afternoon sunday meet. Maybe at the Blue fountian diner thats where tst is thinking of moving their thursday night meets im gonna go ask what they think today after work. IF and thats a big if, we can get a weekly meet im pretty sure there would have to be other cars than the srt-4 there. Thats not a bad thing at all but in the same sense we need the pa members of this forum/club to step the f up.

There are plenty of places to meet, we need the members in the surrounding area to chime in on this especially ones from pa. If we dont do something within the next month i wouldnt be suprised to hear that pa is on probation. I just wanted to give everyone a heads up so it doesnt come outta nowhere.

Dont even ask hozay why hes doing this our actions speak louder than words. Im not gonna list who should have and shouldnt have been there the post is still up and it doesnt matter. WE need to show up in mass for the philly meet, i understand it may conflilct some schedules but you could always show up later. If we dont get something positive going for this state we will be eliminated dont think that hozay needs us. We need srt4mation a whole hell of a lot more than it needs us. California is already blowing up. Its all about who gets the club name out there. And right now Deleware is doing a better job of that.(no offense its just like 1/8th the size)

How many people recruit other srts? If you see one in a parking lot do you take the time to write them a quick note asking them to check out our site? I do. Or just wave to kids with semi-good looking sxt's I do. Im not trying to blame anybody just rambling off ideas. You can do one of two things now. Click the back button which most will do, or scroll down a lil more and type your thoughts. I dont care if you call me a clueless noob as long as you explain why. But seriously PA....... :wtf:

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
i think you need to relax a bit, just because not that many ppl showed up to one meet doesn't mean they don't wanna rep. you have to remember too pa is a huge state compared to nj and the nyc area. just give it sometime. unfortunetly you weren't there for last years bbq in pa. it was pretty big and we all had fun. and i highly doubt hozay is gonna put a state in probation cuz they don't go to meets. if that were the case i wouldn't be in this.

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
srtjay said:
i think you need to relax a bit, just because not that many ppl showed up to one meet doesn't mean they don't wanna rep. you have to remember too pa is a huge state compared to nj and the nyc area. just give it sometime. unfortunetly you weren't there for last years bbq in pa. it was pretty big and we all had fun. and i highly doubt hozay is gonna put a state in probation cuz they don't go to meets. if that were the case i wouldn't be in this.

Your right jay. I probably did sound a little bit up tight. I just dont wanna witness the elimination of pa. How about we get some ideas on how to increase the turnout?

Seriously this needs to be used for ideas. Broken your right standards need to be set for idividuals not for groups.

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We are losers over here. I like playing video games all night some people have a problem with that. My hand jobs are worth every penny and you know what you can forget about your texas discount paint. Now you will pay the going rate so how do you like that

·
Registered
174 Posts
heres the deal with PA:

PA = huge state....its not realistic to expect people to drive the whole way across the state every week/month for meets. That is why we divided it up into 2 "sub-chapters" (east/west). East being the philly area, west being lancaster west.

Traditionally, the philly area reps hardcore, because there are more owners in a smaller area. I know i have organized weekly meets in the lancaster area, and only 2 to 3 show up in any given week....but who says you cant have a good time when there are only a few cars? If you're looking for a big meet, theres the memorial day meet, or drive out to avaition plaza and chill with the jersey guys.

It would be great to have some big meets in western PA, but its a distance problem. You have guys living in erie, guys living in gettysburg, guys living in philly, and 4-6 hours in between them all...it would be hard to drive that far every week for a meet that would last 3-4 hours max.

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
dont feel bad dude,its not easy for everyone to make it, besides it isnt costing anything to keep that chapter going so why get rid of it.jersey is probably the tightest knit group of all ,we normally have meets that rival nationals and when we have a big meet nobody brings it like we do.my advice to you would be spend time on the phone,call someone during the week and say hey whats up,develop friendships help each other out. we make up a big part of the club here and always have something going on but its not completely because its organized its because we have all become very good friends and support each other.so when we meet up somewhere it really isnt about lets have a big meet,its more like hangin out with all our friends

·
Registered
20,570 Posts
Let me add into this thread myself since i'm involved. We all know where we came from and how everything came up from. I for one know personally just how dedicated PA was at one time. Hell, back when NY was gonna get their own section over on SRTforums, I went up to bat for everyone including PA. I caught ALOT of grief over that and till this day I don't regret fighting to keep us 3 together.

I was highly supported by PA back then and never wanted to that to stop. We had good leaders and people were motivated. We had a president, VP and secretary doing a fantastic job to keep the place together. And yes, that was very difficult to do considering the mass size of PA. Since then however, the fire just burnt out and it seems that PA just fell apart all together.

Now the argument is it's hard to organize meets and bring everyone together since PA is so big. Ok, well in the past the Philly area alone was filled with SRT owners who were once so gunho about the club, planning meets and get2togethers. Backed me up when they were gonna get left out and the whole nine yards. All of a sudden it's "it's hard to bring people together"

Back when the administrator of SRTforums straight up bitch slapped up and took away our NY/NJ/PA section, I continued to go up to bat for everyone. I caught into alot of mess w/ the admins there and took alot of BS for the club which I continued to fight for no matter what the cause was. I was put in a position to take over SRT4mation NJ and bring back the club to life which I feel i'm doing the best of my ability. We have a whole new club website, new vendors to support us, new members on the daily and helluva alot more coming to us.

I never gave up on PA. Yes, I said what I said and I wont take it back. Why? Maybe so I can get you guys to get up and get motivated again. I wanna see the commitment you guys had months before. I know it can happen and want to see it happen. SRT4mation backs everyone up and I will stand up for everyone associated with us. Just need you guys to help me make this HUGE. We did our part, now its your guys turn.

·
Registered
83 Posts
New to Srt4mation

Iv seen it on the srt forums but never looked into it but northeast signing on i currentlly live in allentown but i want to be part of the club what do i need to do, im ready to be a major player in this game as long as its not to illigal lol halla at me thanx

·
Registered
174 Posts
my alibi: i've been gone a lot in the past and upcoming months due to army deployments and training (ill have been home for about 3 weeks in 5 months once i get back in december). I'll try to restore some order when i return.

·
Registered
734 Posts
What I really feel is this. Philly has a lot of SRTs, the NE boon-docks only have a few. Unfortunately it's real hard, I mean damn near impossible, for most of us to make it to a Philly meet. Philly is a good 2-2.5 hour drive from our area. When i say our area I speak for the 4 or 5 of us up here (I only think me and professorcustomz re-registered though).

Although I haven't had the time this summer to make it out to meets (just started a new job) aviation plaza is closer to the NE PA area.

The only thing I could honestly suggest is maybe moving the east pa meet a little further north or maybe alternating the meet location on a bimonthly/monthly basis.

·
BottomOfNewYork
1,856 Posts
never2muchboost said:
dont feel bad dude,its not easy for everyone to make it, besides it isnt costing anything to keep that chapter going so why get rid of it.jersey is probably the tightest knit group of all ,we normally have meets that rival nationals and when we have a big meet nobody brings it like we do.my advice to you would be spend time on the phone,call someone during the week and say hey whats up,develop friendships help each other out. we make up a big part of the club here and always have something going on but its not completely because its organized its because we have all become very good friends and support each other.so when we meet up somewhere it really isnt about lets have a big meet,its more like hangin out with all our friends
Just like N2MB said we all ended up being friends than just people that meet every weekend . Shit every day i speak to people from the club on the phone. Everynight I chat on aim with people from NY, NJ, PA, Cali and other places. Maybe you should try that first then to come on here talking about how you give up on the state . When I started the DPA meets it was only 3 cars every friday then it went to 20 - 25 cars . Also there are gonna be time only some show up and then times alot of people show up thats just the fact . To some people this club isnt their life but yet the friendship that comes out of it is Priceless . So give that a thought and then see how everything turns out .

·
Registered
126 Posts
[rant] Well, I'm all the way over on the Ohio border. There's a guy in New Castle (1/2 hour south) that has an SRT but no internet and then there's a guy in Clarion and a guy in Erie, both of which are >1 hour drives. All the guys in "semi good-looking sxt's" are toolboxes who rev at me every time they see me. Christ, I'm 27 and wearing a suit, why are you revving at me [/rant]

Even though it'd be an hour drive, I'd be down for a Pittsburgh meet every couple of months if it were on the weekend.

Other than that, I'll stick to posting in WS & OT every once in a while.

·
Registered
501 Posts
hello everyone i dont post much cause people bash on everything i say especially over in asshole srtforums but about the whole pa meet thing ill admit i have been lazy. I just got my 50 trim put on and tuned and that took all of my money but as soon as i get back on track with the whole money situation i wanna start going to avation plaza meets when i have off and hopefully bring a few srts along with me. This sat there is a meet im going to which im pretty excited about and bringing like 5 srts hopefully along with me up to philly but anyway once again i apologize for the laziness

·
Registered
734 Posts
professorcustomz, everybody here is cool and rarely bash on others...unless you wander into war stories, then you're just fvcked.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts