Dodge SRT4 Forums - SRT4mation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 127 Posts

· Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a good buddie of me swapped the ls1 corvette engine into his srt4.
runs great,especially from a 3rd gear roll.since it should be way faster then the corvette due too superior aerodynamics and the better chassis platform hes not to happy with the performance.he ran a 13.2 at 108 stock.for my srt hes no match.i prefer running bikes.
we all know the japanese jing jang sign,wich means there must be a vette owner somewhere who swapped a srt4 engine in that piece of gm crap.that would make it a drag terror.
maybe someone swaped our engine into a cobra?i should ask that on svtperfromance.com..
anyone?

· Registered
6,975 Posts
paintbaler1587 said:
serious question, did they ever put LS1s in Corvettes, I know they put LS2s in the C5s and C6s, and Im sure there was an LT something in some of the others, but was there ever an LS1?
If im not mistaken the C6s and 05 GTOs have LS2s.. C5s had the LS1/LS6..

· Registered
2,851 Posts
ummmm....

· Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i dont know.he told me its an ls1 corvette engine.he also told me there is a camaro ls1 engine but the camaro ls1 puts 50hp less to the ground.
and painballer your right the c6 chevy corvettes engine is called ls2.an insider told the ls2 means LongStroke.i dont know what engine the put in the actual f-bodies?
and i know for fact that the c6 ls2 engine is the same as the 04z06s.same hp.totally identical from oilpan to airfilter.and the 05z06 will be the ls2 engine either with a kennebell sc so it will put out a claimed,more likely on the high side,500hp.the engineers from gm also plan a limited ed c6z06 with that ls2 with a 100shit of nos so it will also make 500ponies.but at the moment thats all speculation cus their not yet out,them z06s

· Registered
2,851 Posts
turboknee said:
after my WS.6 fiasco i did some resaearch...and this is true....ls1's were in c5 and ls6's in c5 z06's...the c6 has ls2 and c6 z06 has an ls7

· Registered
6,975 Posts
turboknee said:
after my WS.6 fiasco i did some resaearch...and this is true....ls1's were in c5 and ls6's in c5 z06's...the c6 has ls2 and c6 z06 has an ls7
yeah that is also what i have read.. im not 100% sure what makes the LS1 vette engine different from the LS1 camaro or anything else

· Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
jessica alba i always admired you.
NOT
you seem to have a ls1 powered s2000.is it a corvette or camaro engine?
turboknee is full of it.read my 2post in this thread and believe me.

· Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ive got a call right now.new info on the 06 firehawk.it will come supercharged in the formulas.the supercharger is called a 213UNIT.hmmmmmmm

· Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
dear jessica alba sorry for my short delay.my ASSHOLE UNIT did hurt so i went to the toilet to do some shit.yes the ls1 guys are very knowledgeable.they know everything.lt1 means longtube motor with single ex tips.that what i was been told.those ls1 guys can be proud,so many hp per liter.true high tech engines.
rsx>lsx???

· Registered
1,105 Posts
DrEdSrT4 said:
yeah that is also what i have read.. im not 100% sure what makes the LS1 vette engine different from the LS1 camaro or anything else

SLIGHTLY different cam in the 'vette engine, plus the C5 has throttle-by-wire while the f-body has a mechanical linkage.

Most of the difference is on paper though. F-body LS1s make 340-345 crank hp, regardless of model or trim level. The power ratings are deliberately downgraded slightly to keep the flagship corvette looking better.

1 - 20 of 127 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.