Dodge SRT4 Forums - SRT4mation banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Raced a LS1 ss from a dig to around 95MPH and beat it by about 3 carlenths. I got mad driving skillz. (and ET Streets)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
830 Posts
If the Camaro would have had a WS6 swap, you would have gotten smoked.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LittleMT said:
Let me guess, a LS1 SS v6!!!!!

I stay away from those WSV6's. I knew once I got past 85 MPH it was in the bag. 85 MPH>LS1
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,922 Posts
Why only 95 mph? Thats not even a 1/4 mile (unless your running high 14's) Ohh yeah, its cause you got gears and gears = no top end. Why dont you race that Camaro to 120 and see where your at then.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,496 Posts
Then you realized the ls1 was parked in front of Mickey D's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,131 Posts
Nolimits said:
Why only 95 mph? Thats not even a 1/4 mile (unless your running high 14's) Ohh yeah, its cause you got gears and gears = no top end. Why dont you race that Camaro to 120 and see where your at then.
How do gears=no top end? Especialy on a race to 120? I could see like 150 when he would need to go into 5th,but 120? With a 7k redline I assume he can hit 120 in 4th.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nolimits said:
Why only 95 mph? Thats not even a 1/4 mile (unless your running high 14's) Ohh yeah, its cause you got gears and gears = no top end. Why dont you race that Camaro to 120 and see where your at then.

Because the track was marked off to approx. an 1/8 mile fucksauce. My car can still hit the speed limiter (154) in 5th with the 4.10's. Buy a Tiburon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
GotWhat? said:
How do gears=no top end? Especialy on a race to 120? I could see like 150 when he would need to go into 5th,but 120? With a 7k redline I assume he can hit 120 in 4th.
You are correct sir.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,105 Posts
CKT said:
Because the track was marked off to approx. an 1/8 mile fucksauce. My car can still hit the speed limiter (154) in 5th with the 4.10's. Buy a Tiburon.

you trap 95 in the 1/8th????

out of curiosity (please nobody else interject) what are your 1/4 mile ETs?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LS2 Powered said:
you trap 95 in the 1/8th????

out of curiosity (please nobody else interject) what are your 1/4 mile ETs?

No actually I trap about 87 , thats why I wrote the track was approx an 1/8 long. It's an airport runway that is used for dragracing once a month and is supposed to be marked off at an 1/8 mile. I've run a 12.87 @ 106.6 with this current set-up. I've only run once since the gears went in and I didn't abuse it to bad because they only had around 150 miles on them at that point. My best with the 3.55's was 12.88 @ 106 so there is certainly room to improve my ET's with some aggressive driving.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
90s13coupe said:
it took gears and et streets to beat the 273 geared camaro. :LAME: :smilie_ha

Whats funny is any LS1 kill story on any site yeilds that same weak ass responce. 3.42's are such a rare option in F-bodies, and if it did have 2.73's it's not my fault GM put such a suxor rear gear in them. And lets also touch on the fact that you assume the SS was stock. There are so fucking many stock 3-5 year old SS Camaro's out there :ftard: This one had at least aftermarket exhaust, other than that I couldn't tell you. I also beat an 04 GTO and a RSX-S :w00t: yesterday. Lost to a Cobra (twice).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,975 Posts
nah i believe it.. ive seen LS1s with bolt ons run 14.1 and 14.3s all night, if hes running a 12.8 then he shouldnt have a problem beating an LS1.. if there was more of a compitent driver.. then not by 3 cars but beat it none the less
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,851 Posts
DrEdSrT4 said:
ive seen LS1s with bolt ons run 14.1 and 14.3s all night,
they should be beatin and have there keys taken away from them....thats pathetic
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,105 Posts
CKT said:
No actually I trap about 87 , thats why I wrote the track was approx an 1/8 long. It's an airport runway that is used for dragracing once a month and is supposed to be marked off at an 1/8 mile. I've run a 12.87 @ 106.6 with this current set-up. I've only run once since the gears went in and I didn't abuse it to bad because they only had around 150 miles on them at that point. My best with the 3.55's was 12.88 @ 106 so there is certainly room to improve my ET's with some aggressive driving.

ok i was gonna say....my Z28 cracked into the 11s on motor and it only ran 89 in the 1/8th. i thought you were either A) full of it or B) had a REALLY fast Mach. :bigthumb:


Whats funny is any LS1 kill story on any site yeilds that same weak ass responce. 3.42's are such a rare option in F-bodies, and if it did have 2.73's it's not my fault GM put such a suxor rear gear in them. And lets also touch on the fact that you assume the SS was stock. There are so fucking many stock 3-5 year old SS Camaro's out there This one had at least aftermarket exhaust, other than that I couldn't tell you. I also beat an 04 GTO and a RSX-S yesterday. Lost to a Cobra (twice).
Just to be the bearer of factual information and not the bullshit that gets thrown around here a lot, the SS had 3.42s if it was a 6-speed (only gear available) or 3.23s if it was automatic (this ratio was optional on the Z and formula but standard on the SS and WS6.);)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So is this correct. Base Z's and TA's could have 2.73's 3.23's or 3.42's if it's an M6. The SS and WS6 have either 3.23's auto or 3.42's M6? I had a 00 Firehawk M6 and knew it had 3.42's but I'm fuzzy on the other models.
 
1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Top