Dodge SRT4 Forums - SRT4mation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,701 Posts
You can't touch the turbo car when your already rollin. I have the same thing going on with my cars. My Mustang can take the SRT in the 1/4 mile b/c it launches so much better but from a decent roll the SRT gets the jump. My nieghbor just picked up a '94 Z28 LT1 6-speed for $1,300 (122k mi.) It runs good and he's got a lot of plans for it.

· Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Vade46 said:
You can't touch the turbo car when your already rollin. I have the same thing going on with my cars. My Mustang can take the SRT in the 1/4 mile b/c it launches so much better but from a decent roll the SRT gets the jump. My nieghbor just picked up a '94 Z28 LT1 6-speed for $1,300 (122k mi.) It runs good and he's got a lot of plans for it.
You are absolutely correct. From a roll, it is very hard to take a turbo car. Friggin GN's used to give me fits in the late 80's and early 90's. With a manual turbo car it is even worse for the N/A car.

Can't wait to do a 1/4 mile run. Both cars have DR's, so it should be close. I figure the Z28 will get the jump w/a better 60 ft time but the SRT-4 would chase it down up top.

The problem w/the Camaro is it needs a higher stall speed converter to launch better can get 1.6-1.7 60 ft times. W/a trap speed of 107 or so, the car should run around 12.5-12.7 w/a 3000 or so stall speed torque converter.

· Registered
43 Posts
94redreaper said:
You are absolutely correct. From a roll, it is very hard to take a turbo car. Friggin GN's used to give me fits in the late 80's and early 90's. With a manual turbo car it is even worse for the N/A car.

Unless it's from a slow roll. I use to kill turbo cars from a slow roll in my S/C Cobra. Lag vs no lag makes a big difference. Then again nothing brake boosting can't handle. Good run vs your old car. Those skittles are pretty damn quick.

· Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Z O SICK said:
94redreaper said:
Unless it's from a slow roll. I use to kill turbo cars from a slow roll in my S/C Cobra. Lag vs no lag makes a big difference. Then again nothing brake boosting can't handle. Good run vs your old car. Those skittles are pretty damn quick.
Thanks. The slowest we went was 30. A 10mph roll probably would have given the Camaro somewhat of an advantage w/its low end torque. I would have loved to have raced from a stop or a slower roll, like 10mph, but we did the runs on the Highway to lessen the chance of getting pulled over or injuring anyone that might pull out from some side street. We'll save those runs for the track.

On a side note, S/C, especially roots type are nasty down low.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.