Dodge SRT4 Forums - SRT4mation banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this kid who has been bugging me to run a vw gti. Hes already put up 500.

Hes not worth the gas normally with an intake and a stg. 1 computer upgrade. But for 5bills??? The only way i would loose is if i missed 2nd and 3rd.

What do you guys think I highly doubt he is spraying and its not even his car he wants to buy it.

Funny/ironic thing is the owner is selling it to buy an srt-4 lol.

· Registered
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah i dunno hes a scumbag im not really in teh financial position to loose 500 but is it even possible to loose to a gti of that stature??? I mean its a joke if theres no money involved.

· Registered
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its the 1.8t. Id shit on him im sure i will win but the fact that he is willing to throw up 500 makes me suspiscious *Sp

· Registered
3,804 Posts
Rinko said:
Yeah i dunno hes a scumbag im not really in teh financial position to loose 500 but is it even possible to loose to a gti of that stature??? I mean its a joke if theres no money involved.
He could just be retarded, but in my experience a guy who appears that overmatched and wants to put up that kind of money is hiding something. Probabably pretty well too. If you're stock I would be VERY wary.

· Registered
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
PatrickSRT said:
yeah it does...plus u said hes buying a srt so he must know what they can do...u should walk him

This is the potential buyer of the gti. He borrows the car and just beats the shit outta it. I can launch ive pulled consistent 2.3's on the street. And he claims to be running 19psi but a buddy of mine who has a bet with this kid on the side for 50 bills said hes pushing shit through his teeth with that statement.

I dunno. Im just gonna run him i think, its only money and i wouldnt mind putting 500 into my lil bulb.

· Registered
2,851 Posts
make sure to check around the firewall for any lines that are out of place.....and make sure to look hard, because kits like the bottle-in-a-bag kit do not have steel braided lines....
also check around the throttle body or under his gas peddle (if hell let you) for a WOT switch....

· Registered
2,851 Posts
Rinko said:
This is the potential buyer of the gti. He borrows the car and just beats the shit outta it. I can launch ive pulled consistent 2.3's on the street. And he claims to be running 19psi but a buddy of mine who has a bet with this kid on the side for 50 bills said hes pushing shit through his teeth with that statement.

I dunno. Im just gonna run him i think, its only money and i wouldnt mind putting 500 into my lil bulb.
2.3's are not that great....and how do you know what you pull on the street...."G-Tech"?

· Registered
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
N20Jeep said:
make sure to check around the firewall for any lines that are out of place.....and make sure to look hard, because kits like the bottle-in-a-bag kit do not have steel braided lines....
also check around the throttle body or under his gas peddle (if hell let you) for a WOT switch....
Oh were gonna be checking the car before we run thats for sure. THis kid was the same one who i was talking about spraying his winshield wipers down in philly after he juiced out a win for a g.

· Registered
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
lmfao yeah g-tech = better than not knowing at all and i consistently get 2.3's never broken 2.2 tho

· Registered
2,851 Posts
Rinko said:
Oh were gonna be checking the car before we run thats for sure. THis kid was the same one who i was talking about spraying his winshield wipers down in philly after he juiced out a win for a g.
so basically hes one of the worst hustlers ever?:rolleyes:

but if he actually knows what hes doing he can make a nitrous kit almost invisible...Ive done it on plenty of cars with just a couple hours work

· Registered
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I dunno see thats what im not sure about the car isnt even his. He is thinking about buying it. SO im not even sure if hes got the ability to go under the hood.

· Registered
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Pretty much, thats the only reason im even considering racing. Normally i would just say lets race for nothing but hes already declined that opportunity.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.