Dodge SRT4 Forums - SRT4mation banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys well to bring u up to speed last nite i crashed my C.E. srt4. coming home from a gathering i was driving down los angeles crest mountain *pretty narrow canyon way* n it had just finished raining. well i was going only about 20 to 30 mph cuz i didnt feel like racing down it w/ passengers in the car but halfway down i went into a right turn n hit some kind of *bump/pothole or rock* n it caused my front end to bounce up during the turn which sent my car into a semi slide. i tried counter steering *not knowing that i had no traction due to the bounce* n the out of nowhere the car sling shotted to the left head into the canyon wall which then bounced back to the other canyon wall which did one more 180 to finish. after getting out i noticed my passenger side wheel had ripped off and was near the first initial hit. funny thing is that it wasnt a direct impact to the wheel. i later noticed that the rim had literaly just cracked in a complete circle n broken off. my driver side started to do the same cracking int he same pattern but did not break off. there was no bend to show force to the tires. so im not sure y it is made so poorly. im trying to figure out if that might have been the cause of the crash n if so can i pursue legal actions. any help from u guys would be great. also imma post the rest of the pics of the car so lemme know if u guys think it might be totaled cuz im really not sure. i cant pop my hood but when looking through the gaps it looks like all the damage stopped at the intercooler n did not touch the engine. thanks

btw everyone in the accident was ok. no injurys just really sore.

and heres the driver side that started to crack in the same pattern

remains of the passenger side tire

n the rest of the car now

· Registered
13 Posts
ouch that suck. I heard something about when your car gets damaged due to pot holes or poor roads the city is responsible for your car. You have to take pictures of the road and go on form there. An attoney might be a good idea.

· Registered
23 Posts
ouch!

thats sucks, i just saw that car on friday too. good luck, i hope it works out. As for legal reason, i would think if you could convincethat the tire fell off before the crash (no matter how pothole, made craftman ship, etc) it would work more for you.

· Registered
364 Posts
Damn bro that sucks. I've been up and down that mountain a bunch of times in my ACR...As a matter of fact I was up there last weekend. Where did you lose it at? I've gone all the way up to Mount Wilson. Those are some dirty roads up there toward Mount Wilson. man...

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well imma find out if the insurance will pay tomorrow. they should since i have ful coverage. but obviously if its totaled ima loose my commemorative. talked to a few ppl on srtforums n they are putting money that my car is totaled. they said esp. since my airbags blew it should be but im hoping not! what u guys think? totaled? or salvageable?

· Registered
1,587 Posts
LCsrtRACER said:
oh yea i have wawanesa ins. just signed up w/ them too so hopefully they take care of me. otherwise im switching to geico! j/p

wawanesa sucks at claims...but they have to cover you regardless of fault....its collision covg so you'll have to pay a deductible...dunno if you can get away w/ a non fault accident...potholes are tricky to prove and usually at fault collision losses...Geico is way better...switch now...regardless of cost

p.s. yer car is totalled...sorry...getting another srt?

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
HunterSwift said:
sad thing is you still had paper plates. how long had you had it?
exactly 2 months now. squeezed 5k miles out of it. *sigh* someone give me some good news pls! everyone keeps saying its totalled so now its gettin depressing. but yea not sure if i will try n buy a new car after this. imma probably just stick w/ my integra for a while

· Registered
18 Posts
get on I10 and head east until you get to san antonio, take I 35 north, exit judson road. proceed to stop light, go past stoplight and enter the 2nd dealership (dodge, duh) on the right. ask for fred garza and tell them you want #166

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.