Dodge SRT4 Forums - SRT4mation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
map clamp question

does anyone have the clamp in cabin for easier tuning? and where do you connect the volt meter while you're driving? or do you operate the meter while idle in driveway? just curious. I found a good install w/ nice picture. I'm just curious about the volt meter. :confused:

thanks

· Registered
5,902 Posts
srt4_riceater said:
I was wondering if anyone in suffolk or nassau can help me install and tune the map clamp by dasmopar? I don't want to screw anything up! Pampena motorsports would do it, but it would be $100 an hour. They are already doing my gauges for like $300.

I'm not sure how long it would take to do clamp.

My offer? Lets hang w/ some alcoholic beverages (your choice) and I'll buy lunch! and if you need assistance w/ any other mods, let me know and I can help. I've done a few mods here and there. I'm not good w/ electronics.

thanks
hey man, i just halped 94redreaper do his car with the dasmopar clamp. we actually had to rebuild the clamp due to the screw being broke but if you PM 94redreaper im sure he can give you all the help you need. he knows the exact the amount of turns to fuel pressure to boost settings needed. its actually rather easy. the basic run down is to soder the map clamp wire into the manifold wireharness, then have your fuel pressure set to 50 psi and turn the map clamp screw 13 times, we ended up turning it 13.25 turns to get it at 4.25 volts a WOT. the boost was 21 psi and the A/F was 12.4 at WOT and 11.8 at redline. you can test your map clamp using any electrical current device found at home depot or anywhere else.

any other questions just post them up and i will try my best to help. otherwise redreaper knows this shit like the back of his hand.... figuratively speaking.

· Registered
5,902 Posts
srt4_riceater said:
does anyone have the clamp in cabin for easier tuning? and where do you connect the volt meter while you're driving? or do you operate the meter while idle in driveway? just curious. I found a good install w/ nice picture. I'm just curious about the volt meter. :confused:

thanks
redreaper mounted the clamp under his hood, he zip tied it off to the passenger side of the engine bay. the volt meter we used we ran under the hood near the wipers and into the passenger cabin so i could watch it during wot. a standard volt meter gauge that you use in a pillar wont work. it has to be able to define the volt to the .01

· Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks man. i will definately reach out if needed. I found a great install on the srtforums posted by dasmopar. I'm just confused as to how I use the volt meter when driving. I want to route the clamp to the drivers side area where I could mount for easy tuning. What am I looking for on the meter when connected? which wire(s) do I connect the meter too?

Thanks again! I love this new forum man. good to see NY looking out for one another.

· Registered
5,902 Posts
connect the black to black and connect the red from the volt meter to the orange/red on the manifold wires. redreaper needed me to watch the volts n A/F while he watched boost n RPMs.

when you connect the volt meter to the clamp you should have a moving signal, under WOT at 13.25 turns the volts should be around 4.15-4.35 i believe. once you do it you should understand what i just said immediatly. remember, the volts only matter under WOT

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.