Dodge SRT4 Forums - SRT4mation banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a stupid question, what is a turboback exhaust, how is it different from a cat back? It seems like you can get a turboback with a cat, so if its not catless then whats the diff?

· Registered
5,147 Posts
Catback is from the cat back. Your car has a cat back, downpipe, o2 housing, and then the turbo, and all of them can be upgraded. the catback you can get with or without the resinators and then when you get a downpipe, you can chose either to get a cat or no cat. I hope that helps.

· Registered
6,975 Posts
shadowSRT4 said:
I have a stupid question, what is a turboback exhaust, how is it different from a cat back? It seems like you can get a turboback with a cat, so if its not catless then whats the diff?
I.E. you will get the most gains from getting a Turboback as apposed to a catback.. and most of those gains will come from the 02housing and/or downpipe..

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I see, so getting a turboback with a cat would be the equivalent of getting an upgraded 02 housing, downpipe, and cat back all at once. Would it still be street legal and pass NJ inspection? Trying to figure out why you wouldnt just always go for the turboback :dunno:

Thanks guys :D

· Registered
5,147 Posts
shadowSRT4 said:
I see, so getting a turboback with a cat would be the equivalent of getting an upgraded 02 housing, downpipe, and cat back all at once. Would it still be street legal and pass NJ inspection? Trying to figure out why you wouldnt just always go for the turboback :dunno:
Thanks guys :D
Not really, They are all seperate pieces. You can either get..

1. catback alone (stock downpipe w/ stock o2 housing) - least gained hp
2. catback and downpipe (stock o2 housing) - middle gained hp
3. catback, downpipe, and o2 housing - most gained hp.

if you get a cat in the downpipe, there should be no reason y u would fail inspection.

· Registered
6,975 Posts
Many dont really upgrade the o2 housing until they change their turbo because the install is supposed to be a bitch to only gain 5-10hp.. i wouldnt know thats just what ive heard

you will still see great gains from the downpipe and catback.. as for inspection, i cant help you there cuz i havent tried it yet.. i dont see why it wont if its got a cat.. but i do know if you dont have a S1 pcm you will get a CEL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.