Dodge SRT4 Forums - SRT4mation banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
soo i had a crappy morning, i hit someone on 295 today! so mad at myself but there doesn't seem to be any engine damage but i do need a new bumper and hood, how much do you think that will cost me? and do you guys know of any place good to get it fixed at in NJ??

· Registered
734 Posts
depending on your deductible, it may just be better to just buy a new bumper & cf hood (if that's all that's really damaged). If you have a $500.00 deductible and you have $800 in damage it's probably not worth it in the long run b/c your insurance WILL go up, especially if it was your fault.

· Registered
3,542 Posts
Depending on the damage.
Bumper is gonna be 300$ish unpainted
hood probably closer to 500 unpainted
and if thats it but im sure you lost a headlight or some small shit.

If your sure that you only damaged the bumper and the hood then you may just wanna pay for them yourself. Im guessing it was a rear-end accident?

Check your radiator for damage, the intercooler, headlights, and also stand by your front doors and look down the quarter panel make sure its still straight.
If you do notice that the quarter panels are off even a lil bit i would put in a claim and get it to the closest "preferred shop". You may have your own shop you like to use i just would go with whatever they reccomend b/c it eliminates the appraisel*. I dunno sorry to hear about it your car nothing you can do about it now.

I also fucked mine up so dont feel too bad at least you didnt run into someone in reverse.

· Registered
1,020 Posts
The bumper cover looks salvageable, you definitely need a new hood, and probably your radiator support got bent and needs to be straightened. Definitely take it somewhere and get an estimate, and check with your insurance as to what your coverage is. And FYI, a carbon fiber hood is alot cheaper than the stocker...

· Registered
6,170 Posts
What they said. I had some damage to my bumper and a shop said I'd need a new one, but I didn't. If it is cracked somehwere it can most likey be patched by a good shop. I got mine done at Showcase Autobody in Somerville NJ, great guys. Let me know if you want their number.

Glad to see your ok.

· Registered
920 Posts
The stock hood will cost around 700 from the dealership...so i would definately suggest replacing it with a carbon fiber hood. u can get a stock carbon fiber replacement for 450 shipped to ur door.

the front bumper looks fine, if its just scratched or has small cracks then you can get it fixed from any good shop. was the hood latch damaged?

· Registered
1,020 Posts
Not bad at all , just probably needs to be replaced or bent back, no big deal. Definite good idea to go get it checked at a body shop tho to find out the extent of damage...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.