Dodge SRT4 Forums - SRT4mation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, Im having this P0304 problem for the second time.. First time I took it to the dealer they had it in the shop for like 3 days and all they did was change the plugs and wires.. I dont want to go threw that bullshit agian so how is there a way to see if the plugs and/or spark plugs are bad?

Thanks, John

·
Registered
23,268 Posts
i'm no mechanic...but have you tried to swap out your coil pack?

make sure your #4 wire doesnt have white crap all over it. These cars are notorious for that problem on that wire.

also, just make sure you dont have any sorta buildup on your plug(s)

·
Registered
14,828 Posts
pull your plugs and see what the tips look like. post a picture and we'll help you out. check the wires to see if they are discolored or anything (the white crap that chris referred to lol)

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The wires look good... Ill pull out my plugs tom and see what they look like.. I have brand new 4306's here so ill just replace all my plugs and see what happens...

Thanks, John

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
there are a few things that can cause that 0304 .the code is cylinder#4 misfire.

whenever i see this code is to determine if it is an intermittent problem.you can try to diagnose it one step at a time or you can do this

switch #1 wire with #4 wire

switch #4 plug with #3

switch #4 injector with #2

clear the code by resetting the battery and drive the car around.

if you get an 0301 it was the wire

if you get an 0302 it is the injector

if you get an 0303 it is the plug

thats the easiest way to diagnose it.if the 0304 comes back up the problem is either mechanical or blockage in the rail or a pcm issue.

on a side note if you know someone who has a scan tool then i would take a look at the freeze frame data from when the code was set.i have seen some misfire issues occur in open loop conditions that will set misfire codes.usually they can be resolved by flashing the pcm to an updated firmware

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I duno what happen.. It just magically went away... Can driving the car off real fast without letting it warm cause a misfire? Because I was in an emergancy and had to drive off as soon as I started the car and thats when the light instantly went on.. So maybe it was from that...

I appreciate the help I was about to bring it to you Jay

·
Banned
9,254 Posts
im no professional, but sounds like you need a new flux capacitor... jkjk, but yea new plugs, check 4, and above all u should already do a coil kit, thats alone adds like 4-6 to the wheels, but remember, stickers are always the rice power adder of choice.... see what vinyl did for me ( : about 800 HP to the rear wheels, YES I SAID THE REAR WHEELS !!! hahaha

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
haha not eating breakfast or lunch adds 2 to the wheels :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts