Dodge SRT4 Forums - SRT4mation banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i have a turbo smart MBC and the stage 2 waste gate.

my mods are, S2waste gate, S1, MBC, K&N SRI, coil pack, plug wires, 60mm TB and the mopar BoV...witch will be gone this weekend ;)

so...when i accelerate i get sputtering, and the boost sounds funny, its not a steady
SHHHHHHH its more like SHH SHHH SHHH SHH but realy fast, i couldn't expliain it here

just wondering if anyone knows how your supposed to have the S2 waste gate hooked up to run it with a boost controller.

its not holding the boost the way it should either

i spike 22psi then fall off to 15 in 3rd and 17 in 4-5

no clue whats goin on, i am trying to get it to boost smooth and hold at least 17-18psi

anyone know what to do?

· Registered
616 Posts
It was fine before installing the WGA and MBC? The WGA is pretty foolproof, as long as you keep at least 1/8" tension on the rod. When you say it sputters, is it more like an ignition misfire or is it like a surge from the ecm fighting an overboost condition? The most accurate method of boost control is to run with just adequate tension on the WGA and make adjustments at the MBC rather than changing the WGA rod length.

· Registered
1,529 Posts
well first off i wouldn't be spiking 22 lbs if you haven't done anything with fuel. the sputtering sound you are hearing is normal. i believe its the wga arm or spring trying to stay open. i really don't know but i think it has something to do with internal wastegates. what you are holding is more then enough 15-17lbs. after that egts and timing are going to effect your performance with the stock turbo.

· Registered
1,131 Posts
srtjay said:
well first off i wouldn't be spiking 22 lbs if you haven't done anything with fuel. the sputtering sound you are hearing is normal. i believe its the wga arm or spring trying to stay open. i really don't know but i think it has something to do with internal wastegates. what you are holding is more then enough 15-17lbs. after that egts and timing are going to effect your performance with the stock turbo.
On my brothers car its running a bleed not a MBC. If you were to lessen the tension on the WGA,and bring the boost back up with a MBC,would it go away?

· Registered
616 Posts
When you shorten the WGA arm, you are getting more tension but reducing the effective travel, so it will become more difficult to control the boost. Try like I said, with 1/8" tension on the WGA arm and using the MBC or bleeder to adjust boost. It's far easier to keep boost levels under control that way. I run 26 PSI with an internal gate, minimal spike(< 1PSI) and no creep.

· Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hmm idk anymore,

this is how i have it set up...

i have my BoV hooked to a vacuoom thats on the throttle, i also have the other pink line capped.

it seams smooth now but its not boosting more then 15 then dropping to 12-13....maybe if turn up the MBC some it'll go back to the way it u sed to be?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.