Dodge SRT4 Forums - SRT4mation banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i hit 17 and it hold for like a second or so then it drops to like 14-15...i have the stage 2 wastegate and the boost controller..

does anyone want to take my money and fix my issues...i can't explain very well, i will seriously pay someone if they can fix it, if i can't fix it its getting sold, i've dumped too much $$ into it as it is and now for it to not work right i don't even want it

· Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'm SJ in pemberton/medford area

i think i know what my problems are....first is that the ED hard pipes are not ment to be used with a 60mm TB.....the couplings they supply don't fit around them and don't hold it on tight, i've tried every way possible to get them on right and right now i have a 3-2" coupler on it...it works but i think its leaky

my next problem is the gredy type-s BoV i got...its not holding the boost....i hit the 17lbs and it opens and i loose about 4-5psi....

then my third problem is i have spun my boost controller about 100 times and got nothing more then 17psi max....i've spiked 30 before so i don't know whats up there.

i think its time to take off the WGA and the MBC and hook them back up one at a time starting with the WGA....but i think its set pretty good....then hook up the MBC and then set my boost from there

· Registered
14,828 Posts
i think i know what my problems are....first is that the ED hard pipes are not ment to be used with a 60mm TB.....the couplings they supply don't fit around them and don't hold it on tight, i've tried every way possible to get them on right and right now i have a 3-2" coupler on it...it works but i think its leaky
nope. i have the ed pipes with a 60mm tb and it works just fine. you might need to cut down the cold side pipe to make it fit properly. if it's not sitting right then it's going to be a bitch and a half to get on and stay there without leaking.

my next problem is the gredy type-s BoV i got...its not holding the boost....i hit the 17lbs and it opens and i loose about 4-5psi....
so adjust it. it's good up until 20 psi or so. it will hold 17psi just fine. tighten it up and you should be good to go.

then my third problem is i have spun my boost controller about 100 times and got nothing more then 17psi max....i've spiked 30 before so i don't know whats up there.
maybe the mbc isn't installed correctly or there is a kink in the line. try reinstalling and readjusting and see where you are.

· Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah one bad thing is i have no clue how to install an MBC or how the shop installed it, its not where most people have thiers, mine is down near the throttle body.....

· Registered
1,020 Posts
Ricer said:
yeah one bad thing is i have no clue how to install an MBC or how the shop installed it, its not where most people have thiers, mine is down near the throttle body.....
that is definitely wrong...

· Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
its not HOOKED up to the throttle body, but they have it seated sorta near it and my SRI, its ziptied to the wire harness that was connected to my intake stock

· Registered
6,975 Posts
Ricer said:
its not HOOKED up to the throttle body, but they have it seated sorta near it and my SRI, its ziptied to the wire harness that was connected to my intake stock
WHA?T!?! lol by the TB? .. MBC install isnt that hard once you mess around with it.. I made a How To on it because thats pretty much the only thing i know how to do lol.. The MBC should be up by your WGA.. this could very well be your problem..idk what ur BC is "T"ed into.

Find ur green or blue line it doesnt matter which, "T" into it.. run a vac line from the T to the MBC and then another Vac line from the other side of the BC to ur WGA...

Every BOV is different but My Type S was bought USED and is holding my boost perfect *knock on wood* im spiking 18holding 15

· Registered
1,020 Posts
Ricer said:
:eek: :nono: thats really wrong, go get your money back from where it was installed and take it to someone who knows srt's

· Registered
6,975 Posts
BlackDragon said:
:eek: :nono: thats really wrong, go get your money back from where it was installed and take it to someone who knows srt's
I would love to see where hes got this hooked up... if you got the BC down by the intake.. thats an awful waste of vac hose to go back up to the wga lol

· Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
srtjay said:
holy spiking batman!!!

exactly....if you guys didn't meet on saterdays i'd show up oneday and show you lol, but this saterday i am goin out to see a band play at a bart and get my drink on :drunk_bud

· Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
nah...i can tell you that i know FOR SURE that its the cold side pipe...youd say the same thing if you saw the way its hooked onto the 60mmtb ;)

the only way to get the silicon coupler onto the TB was to get a 2" to 2.5" expanded coupler thingie.....well the 2.5 was TOO big and it bubbles out...i just haven't the time to go to the store to get a new one and take torche to it to soften it up so i can slide it onto the two pipes!

but the BoV also might not be set high enough, i'm going to give it another 2 turns, and i am going to take a pic of the way i have my MBC set up so i can show you all before i fix that as well!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.