Dodge SRT4 Forums - SRT4mation banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
14,828 Posts
it's about 8k, a friend of mine is planning on doing it.

but wrx guy really spend about $30. that's what it costs for new decals and a hood scoop for the model car that he has that he thinks is real. they don't allow you to have real cars in institutions.......

· Registered
260 Posts
psi chick said:
it's about 8k, a friend of mine is planning on doing it.
but wrx guy really spend about $30. that's what it costs for new decals and a hood scoop for the model car that he has that he thinks is real. they don't allow you to have real cars in institutions.......
Its pathetic this WRX jackoff is trolling a srt site. For 30k plus the fake STI isnt even in the same price class as an SRT. What an idiot, pay more for a fake STI than a real one, real smart.:twak: Then come on an SRT site to troll, how weak???

· Registered
1,011 Posts
You people don't really know what you're talking about. I'm not trying to be an ass, so just give it up already...

ANYWAY... The reason I chose to do the JDM swap, over just upgrading to an STI is for various reasons...

The JDM engines are 2.0L instead of 2.5L, giving them much quicker response, and a higher redline of 8500 RPM, instead of 7K RPM...

The JDM engines are COMPLETELY built from the factory, forged pistons, rods, forged crank, titanium valve springs, etc. All around everything is stronger, and more reliable than the USDM engines, which DONT have the forged internals... ;)

I also wanted something "unique" that you don't see much, which I achieved. I've met COUNTLESS Sti owners, that wish they had my engine.

The JDM 6-speed is also another desired item. It does NOT have the DCCD (differential control), which is preffered for tarmac use, since it loses less power through it, and gives the car a better balance front to rear.

The drivetrain I purchased (actually, purchased basically an entire wrecked STI) only had 4300 Kilometers on it... so like 3000 miles... :eek: I now have the JDM cluster that matches the engine/etc so everything is done well...

Say what you want, I have a unique ride, that you will hardly see twice, and it's much stronger and faster than the USDM STI's...

Oh, and like UltimateCC said... with a DROP ON GTR35 turbo kit, and race gas, you can achieve over 500 AWHP with this engine... ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.