Dodge SRT4 Forums - SRT4mation banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am having a problem with the pump that came with my kit, me and brian tested it one night and it worked fine, then the next day i went to test it again and everything worked except the pump, i called up cooling mist today and the guy had me go through some steps to test it by hooking it up to my battery different ways, but no luck, it didnt work... it even stumped the guy... now i have to ship the damn pump back to cooling mist and have them rip it apart to see what the gay is wrong with it... he said that it doesnt seem like an electric problem and there is probly a problem with the diaphram or something, but then he also said that i may have fried the pump by giving it too many volts, but i dont see how that is possible, bec it is coming off a 12v source and someone told me that if that happened, i would have smelled a nasty burning smell... i have a sinking feeling that i am gong to get screwed on this one... a new pump is like $80:eek: ...not too happy right now

· Registered
3,336 Posts
he should give you another one for free also he should pay for the shipping as well.

· Registered
616 Posts
FYI, those pumps burn up from lack of lubricant as well. Water doesn't have the lubricating properties to keep the pump alive for extended periods of time. Try a 50/50 mix of water and methanol, if you're anywhere near the Garwood area you can buy some meth from Cartek.

· Registered
2,851 Posts
nosuchluck said:
you spray a fine mist of water into the air going to the motor to cool down the intake temps,
watch....now your going to have some moron thinking more water is better and there going to hydrolock there shit...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.