Dodge SRT4 Forums - SRT4mation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my car has been making like a settling cracking sound on slow acceleration and slow turning. is this just the body moving due to the loss of the front bumper beam???

·
Registered
414 Posts
BoroSRT said:
my car has been making like a settling cracking sound on slow acceleration and slow turning. is this just the body moving due to the loss of the front bumper beam???
That would make sense. It's probably body flex.

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
Boro, make sure that your FMIC didn't loosen up. I might a guy at AP on Saturday that said he had front end noise and it turned out to be a loose FMIC.

Worth a shot

·
Registered
20,570 Posts
I haven't heard any issues with my big fmic but I'm looking into one of those "crash" bars. Not for protection but for support.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
its called paranoia...don't sweat it i've never heard this come from anyone else with a big fmic.. i have the sbr cb so no worries

·
Registered
20,570 Posts
I dont think its paranoa. it's not the first time i've heard of this and its definitely chassis flex. Thats why i'm looking to get one of those crash bars. Thats pretty much all there good for anyway.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea its def not paranoa cuz i could care less that the bumper support is gone. there is a definite sound there so i am gussing chassis flex

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
get sbr cb..i got it cuz i wanted to autox..it doesn't weigh that much ethier

edit: don't you have the agp race fmic??? i don't think a crashbar would fit around it

·
Registered
174 Posts
if you have a noise... a crashbar most likely wont resolve it, it just isnt the same design as the stock bar(probably only a little extra stability). But you tightening your front mount could help... just back track anything new you added to the car and what was taken off and replaced. Plus, whats the mileage on your car because if you go through your manual and the check-ups, at certain points things need to be retorqued for this very reason.

plus jay has a point, paranoia plays a roll... you add something new and your weary of the outcome and effects.

ps - when was the last time your car had a realignment?(you've probably been to the track recently which is a lot of stress on the frame) Bad alignment mixed with the removal of the crashbar could do it too?

its all about trial and error.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts