Dodge SRT4 Forums - SRT4mation banner
21 - 40 of 58 Posts
So i'm an asshat for posting my opinion of a particular coilover and what is needed out of them to reach the upmost of their potential? This board is awesome
Asshat or not, some folks are asking some valid questions about your setup:

-you say there's lot's of adjustability which is a con, post #11 asks what kind pertaining to camber-NO ANSWER

-then in #16 you state the OBVIOUS: pillow ball, 32 way, gizmos, gadgets-and include the fact that you have no money

-i ask about why adjustments are a con, what type of adjustability for compression and rebound the Megans have (because i'm interested in feedback) and you proceed to tell us your how "worried about perfecting each pass"-more so than anyone and continue with some personal inefficiencies about your suspension setup. you then conclude by stating if what you type doesn't make sense, one shouldn't race.

-i ask another question #20 about what you do to adjust your suspension since I don't know what is entailed for drag racing. NO ANSWER.

You did reply to the asshat post with a greater interest than answering any of the posted questions.

Discussion starter · #23 · (Edited)
So i'm an asshat for posting my opinion of a particular coilover and what is needed out of them to reach the upmost of their potential? This board is awesome
Your statement was unclear. It was that last line, as I indicated, that earns you an :asshat:. Comments like that diminish the value of your comments. There were also legitimate and clear questions asked that your statements afterwards neither answered nor added clarification to your previous statements.

While you may feel you have something to contribute, failing to do so in a manner others understand is ineffective. The clearer, more concise and precise you can make your communication, the more likely it will be effective.

No answers yet? This thread is killing my research.

Discussion starter · #26 ·
:werd:

It's still down to BC, Megan or Tein. Whoever comes up with choices in springs, adjustability, front and rear pillowball mounts and an excellent warranty is going to win. I'd rather pay more and get everything I want then pay less and be unsatisfied, or worse dissatisfied.

lol this is funny, and munky i have the ipps and you rode in my car and even asked me what coilovers i had because you were so surprised at how nicely my car rode, looks like you dont have them dialed in correctly mofo lol....i like my ipps, they are great for the street and the 1/4 mile strip, and im assuming a road course although ive never been to one with this car...a little harsh for someone who wants a lexus or cadillac type ride, but for anyone who is looking for some performance and understands that you must sacrifice some ride quality for some performance they are awesome

No answers yet? This thread is killing my research.

I think what he is saying is that he doesn't want to tinker with them that much.......he would probably rather only have like a few different settings and choose which one rides best, instead of playing with a ton of different settings that might only make a very slight barely even noticeable change.

I guess I'll jump in here and rep for the Mopar Stage 3 coilovers.........I have had them with stock rims on like 3 different sets of tires and my current setup of 18x7.5's with 225/40 Yokohama's. I also have Goldline camber bolts, F&R Sway Bars, F&R Strut Bars and soon to install a Polyurethane LCA bushing kit. I have had the Coilovers for about 3 years now and love them. The ride is excellent, I've never ridden in an SRT with other coilovers, but I've been in cars with almost every type of Springs and the ride is a thousand times better than any spring combo I've felt. On the street I've never even messed with any settings (other than height) I just set them up on the "middle" settings and left it at that. If I hit up the track, I'd probably mess with them though.

so between bc inverted and megans c/o's..which would be my best bet? megans is $100 cheaper than the bc's...but is one better quality than the other?

i havent rode in a car car with megan c/o's yet,the bc sports are a pretty decent coilover (so far). they come with pillowball mounts with camber plates which is nice.they are inexpensive when compared to tein or mopar.i wouldnt suggest dropping the car and going full stiff on these coilovers..you might lose a few fillings

ipp coilovers are the worst excuse for a strut.i would rather stick bubble gum in my wheel well and ride on that than to suffer and length of trip on those pieces of dung

tein ss...great coilovers.i had them on my car and loved them.they gave me exactly what i needed, room to fit a big slick and the ability to tune the suspension.i really liked having these

mopar stage 3r's , another awesome c/o.not much different from the tein

i havent rode in a car car with megan c/o's yet,the bc sports are a pretty decent coilover (so far). they come with pillowball mounts with camber plates which is nice.they are inexpensive when compared to tein or mopar.i wouldnt suggest dropping the car and going full stiff on these coilovers..you might lose a few fillings
ipp coilovers are the worst excuse for a strut.i would rather stick bubble gum in my wheel well and ride on that than to suffer and length of trip on those pieces of dung
tein ss...great coilovers.i had them on my car and loved them.they gave me exactly what i needed, room to fit a big slick and the ability to tune the suspension.i really liked having these
mopar stage 3r's , another awesome c/o.not much different from the tein
are the tein's worth the extra cash over the bc's? i found the bc's brand new for 1000 even..tein ss's (no pillowball) for 1325...megans are 900

Before i bought my coilovers i talked to the guy over at one of the places selling the bc coilovers... Comparing them to Megan Racing exterior wise they look the same but the internals of the BC coilovers are better and thats why they cost a lil more but all in all they are a better quality for the price.. I know a few people that bought them and love the ride...

i'm between the bc sports and bc inverted..i've talked to a few people about it..it sounds liek the bc inverted aren't really necesary unless i'm like a hardcore autocross guy, which i'm not..i mean i def plan on trying it..but worth the extra $150 or no?

Explain the need for inverted c/o's on daily driven car's please? Just not necessary..

Steve, if it were up to me Tein SS-P would be my choice. I had the Tein SS coilovers on my car as Jay did as well and absolutely loved them. The SS-P gives you the pillowmount option which is an added plus. It's a little more costly than the BC's but I feel worth the extra.

Explain the need for inverted c/o's on daily driven car's please? Just not necessary..

Steve, if it were up to me Tein SS-P would be my choice. I had the Tein SS coilovers on my car as Jay did as well and absolutely loved them. The SS-P gives you the pillowmount option which is an added plus. It's a little more costly than the BC's but I feel worth the extra.
that was the thing..my knowledge of coilovers is not too good at all...about the teins...idk if i'd go for the tein ss-p's...if anything just the tein ss's. teins are very expensive but there obviously must be a reason since alot of people buy them. i have read alot of good things about bc's and i just thought i could save some $

that was the thing..my knowledge of coilovers is not too good at all...about the teins...idk if i'd go for the tein ss-p's...if anything just the tein ss's. teins are very expensive but there obviously must be a reason since alot of people buy them. i have read alot of good things about bc's and i just thought i could save some $
You don't have to be an expert on coilovers.. I'm not. Just general knowledge & from experience myself. The Tein SS model is more than you'll need I can assure you. The SS-P is if you want to take it up a notch and get them w/ the mounts. I personally never experienced any problems with the SS's as have no one else I've known to own/owned them. I believe Frank had them on his old SRT as well correct?

You don't have to be an expert on coilovers.. I'm not. Just general knowledge & from experience myself. The Tein SS model is more than you'll need I can assure you. The SS-P is if you want to take it up a notch and get them w/ the mounts. I personally never experienced any problems with the SS's as have no one else I've known to own/owned them. I believe Frank had them on his old SRT as well correct?
yup..he had the ss's...i'm just not sure if its worth the extra $400 when i hear good things about the bc sports..i mean boostn had the ss's and thinshadow has the bc inverted, which im sure the ride quality isnt much different if at all from the bc sports, i have been for a ride in both cars and i can hardly tell a difference

21 - 40 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.