Dodge SRT4 Forums - SRT4mation banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...price=&cardist=11&standard=false&rdpage=thumb

it's VEEEERY quiet... a little too quiet... and no boost gauge... when i was driving, i heard a HUGE whoosh of air build up the more i pressed on the gas.. under the hood is just a injen short ram.. the description is bullshit... but the price is great... what do you guys think? i really want another srt-4 but i can't find the one that i want.

·
Registered
869 Posts
ask the dealer to put it on jackstands and let you look underneath and all around. if they really want to sell it, they wont argue.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
How much do they want for it?
they are asking 7k outright...

Don't see a price on there
yea i called up on it and they said they can do 7k. but here's the kicker... the guy on the phone told me that the car needs to be bought outright, with cash if i'm interested... i asked why, he said because the car was broken in to a while back and some stuff was stolen.. thats why i'm guessing they can't finance the car (i would pay cash anyways)

No price, not engine shots, and you can tell its been modified and returned to somewhat stock. :nono:
i noticed that when i saw it on autotrader.. but when i test drove it, i looked everything over, and over, and over.. everything looks good except there is something with 2 wires coming off of the battery side of the fuel rail. i've never seen it before. i believe it was a blue and black wire and what looked to be some kind of plug..

trunk was gutted at some point as well
yes, i noticed this as well.. i was trying to figure out what suspension is on there, but i think its just springs.

ask the dealer to put it on jackstands and let you look underneath and all around. if they really want to sell it, they wont argue.
definitely a good idea. i will do this if i decide to get this one.. thanks dude.

·
Banned
9,254 Posts
The wires off the fuel rail sounds like a fuel pressure sending unit for a gauge, sounds like the car was heavily modded, I would personally stay away from it... I'm sure for 7-8K you can find more SRT's

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The wires off the fuel rail sounds like a fuel pressure sending unit for a gauge, sounds like the car was heavily modded, I would personally stay away from it... I'm sure for 7-8K you can find more SRT's

srt's for 7-8k have a lot of mileage on them.. like 80k and 90k.. i'll keep looking though

·
Banned
9,254 Posts
just gotta remember you get what you pay for... sooo either the car will be beaten/hit/modded-returned to stock or high milage

·
Registered
29,036 Posts
Yeah 7k for that car with such low mileage is one of few things.

1. Accident and rebuilt
2. Theft Recovery
3. 1&2
4. ???????????
5. Profit but not on your end

Is it R-titled? I would assume it is being that its going for so cheap. Whether it was broken into on their lot or not no dealer in their right mind would sell an 05 for that cheap with that low mileage if it was a clean title. Plus their selling it AS IS with no warranty. Something is definitely up with that thing. Something is not right in the state of Denmark with that car.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah 7k for that car with such low mileage is one of few things.

1. Accident and rebuilt
2. Theft Recovery
3. 1&2
4. ???????????
5. Profit but not on your end

Is it R-titled? I would assume it is being that its going for so cheap. Whether it was broken into on their lot or not no dealer in their right mind would sell an 05 for that cheap with that low mileage if it was a clean title. Plus their selling it AS IS with no warranty. Something is definitely up with that thing. Something is not right in the state of Denmark with that car.
very true.. i would have to look into it more... the dealer said that there were no accidents involved with this car..

but what i found out today was that its from an auction house.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts