Dodge SRT4 Forums - SRT4mation banner

springs or coilovers?

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  SRTkid89 
#1 ·
Well i bought the goldline springs to give my car the lowered look but now i hear that its not gonna ride that great with just the springs and that im better off just getting coilovers...i know the price difference is huge bc my springs costed me $170 shipped to my door and coilovers will cost me around $800-$900...what are your guys opinions on this?

#2 ·
I had the GL springs for a while and they were way too harsh for me. CO's are the best bet providing you have the funds. GL's will definitely improve the stance and handling but try and stay away from those nasty bumps and potholes. Your car will literally feel like it's going to split in half.

#4 ·
i suggest full coilovers

#5 ·
Next best thing (to c/o's) is to replace your stock struts/shocks
with Tokico Illuminas. They work well with lowering springs and
will now blow as easily as the stock struts will. :D

#7 ·
The cheapest set of Illumina's are $520 a set plus $140-150 for springs plus install just doesn't make sense.. trust me, I've been through that road before.. I had Tein springs w/ Illumina struts years ago and it wasn't worth the time, money, aggravation..

You can find a set of BC coilovers for under $1k..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.