Dodge SRT4 Forums - SRT4mation banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

· Registered
5,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night my friend mike called me up, it was time to race his srt-4 vs his camaro. His camaro is a 12 second car, it hauls ass on the track and on the highway. its got full bolt ons, headers, exhaust, intake, pulley, msd ignition, 3.73 gears, LS6 rockers and i think one or two other things. the car has beaten alot. the car has even slaughtered a vette with heads and bolt ons. very fun car to drive. recently he got done tuning his srt which is stock turbo and has stage 1, custom 3 inch turbo back side exit exhaust, Cold air intake, Upper and Lower Motor mount, trans mount, mopar sts, hot and cold pipes with hks SSQ BOV, old style AGP WGA, custom boost controller, MSD ignition, AEM wideband, fuel pressure reg and return line, map clamp. he hits 21 psi at 12.4 to 11.9 A/F at 23.49(?) volts.

We rolled out, i took the camaro he took the srt-4. we drove to the highway and i gave it a few blasts to get it warmed up. the car easy breaks the tires as soon as you floor it and the 3.73's race the rpms at any speed. i knew i was going to stomp on his srt. we get a clearing on highway and he pulls next to me, we go at 30 mph, i give three honks and get the jump, immediately the car lifts up, the wheels squeel and im thrown back into the seat, then i hear the srt, the cars exhaust screams and i see his headlights pointing at my front bumper as he is burning out from his 30 mph role. :eh: oh shit, he not only caught me before he shifted he put a car on me, :ugh2: then we hit about 80mph, 3-4 cars in front of me, 100 mph and he's just walking away. :soapbox: WTF this is a 12 second car im in and the thing has yet to loose even against higher modded cars. we take the off ramp and get back on going the other way. "EVERYTHING OK WITH THE CAR?!" mike yells to me "yes?" i scream back over the blarring catless cars. we decide to run again, i honk three times and this time we are even off the third honk, again we both chirp them and i watch mikes srt just leave me like i was standing still, he hits third and chirps em, he hits fourth and chirps them. :eh: jesus his car is killing the camaro. i catch back up to him and you can see him :D while im :soapbox: . even though they were both his cars, his camaro was the go to car for races. 1.8 and under 60fts and enough power to put bus lenghts at the track or on the highway. we decide to go for one last run, this time at 50. i gave the three honks and he was gone, i gave up at 80mph, he was putting bus legnths on me.

we got off the highway and pulled over to check out the camaro to make sure it was running right. it was. we switched cars and mike gave the camaro a few blasts, it was in great shape, no problems there. i gave the srt a nice 2-3 gear blast and the car just roars to 21 psi.

at the track it would be a much closer race due to the srt's lacking off the line and the camaro's great 60 foot and crazy ass torque. but on the highway the camaro got eaten and shitted out.

· Registered
3,804 Posts
Broken5hift said:
Last night my friend mike called me up, it was time to race his srt-4 vs his camaro. His camaro is a 12 second car, it hauls ass on the track and on the highway. its got full bolt ons, headers, exhaust, intake, pulley, msd ignition, 3.73 gears, LS6 rockers and i think one or two other things. the car has beaten alot. the car has even slaughtered a vette with heads and bolt ons. very fun car to drive. recently he got done tuning his srt which is stock turbo and has stage 1, custom 3 inch turbo back side exit exhaust, Cold air intake, Upper and Lower Motor mount, trans mount, mopar sts, hot and cold pipes with hks SSQ BOV, old style AGP WGA, custom boost controller, MSD ignition, AEM wideband, fuel pressure reg and return line, map clamp. he hits 21 psi at 12.4 to 11.9 A/F at 23.49(?) volts.
I could see him running high 11's with that setup. Is he running the Meineke exhaust?

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.