Dodge SRT4 Forums - SRT4mation banner

SRT-4mation Unblocked! Help me reach my goal

4K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  apexanimal 
#1 ·
I believe with the right suspension and !weight the SRT-4 could reach 12.9-13.2 with no engine mods.
I got a bonus for Christmas and I'm gonna put some suspension mods on the SRT-4.
Here's what I plan on doing....
Carbon Fiber hood and trunk for !weight
Take the rear seats out for !weight
Rota Slipstreams 15X7 inches 35mm offset for !weight (can't justify bogarts)
Any Suggestions for tires? (I will DD these wheels)
BWoody H Brace and Traction bars
BWoody Motor and Trans mounts (bought them already)

What about coil overs and springs? Any suggestions? With RWD if you lower the car you kill your 60ft, I dunno bout FWD. I'd like something I can adjust cause I wanna run around on the Rotas.

Any tips tricks suggestions etc? Gimme what you think the best set-up would be. Keep in mind I'm not a millionaire.

#2 ·
That's going to be a tough one. You have the right idea though, shed as much weight as possible. Rip out the seats and anything else that can drop a couple pounds. Slipstreams are great rims, I had those and they are super light. Good luck.

#5 ·
What tires did you have on them? Where they the 15's like I plan on getting? How did you get it to look decent (ie not a 4x4)

what are your current mods? Anything short of slicks and you will have trouble getting that time
STOCKER then STOCK. Nothing is touched. Ask anyone. I was at the SRT-4 pic-nick and people were like..... dude, that's what a stock engine bay looks like. MF'rs were taking pictures.

i thought it helps to lower the front and raise the rear of a FWD car IF you can keep the alignment in spec. Also soften the dampening in front and stiffen it up in rear (no ****).
I figured you'd want the car to squat in the front.

Hit me up with some parts to buy so I can do some research. I'm reading up as I write this.

#6 ·
Keith.. try this. Do you suspension mods.. maybe Springs or COs whatever is in your budget. Stiffer suspension will stop the car from rocking like a seesaw and will help a lot. I had goldline springs they worked great and were cheap.. Mopars are good too. COs are more exp.

1. Take your backseats out and spare tire obviously
2. GET MOTOR MOUNTS***
3. Put 24.5" slicks on the car M&H or Mickey Thompsons.. launch from like 4500-5k.. im pretty sure a stock SRT can hit low 13s on slicks

#10 ·
Keith.. try this. Do you suspension mods.. maybe Springs or COs whatever is in your budget. Stiffer suspension will stop the car from rocking like a seesaw and will help a lot. I had goldline springs they worked great and were cheap.. Mopars are good too. COs are more exp.
1. Take your backseats out and spare tire obviously
2. GET MOTOR MOUNTS***
3. Put 24.5" slicks on the car M&H or Mickey Thompsons.. launch from like 4500-5k.. im pretty sure a stock SRT can hit low 13s on slicks
1. Spare is out along with the trunk carpet shit. I was gonna race that jetta back before I left but the dumb fuck wrecked it.
2. I got BWoody's. Bought them during the group buy
3. Mickey's are the only way to go.

solid everything in the front... solid motor mounts, lca bushings, trans mount, etc...
light weight wheels/tires... can't stress this enough.
lower the front, raise the rear
stiffen rear compression, stiffen front rebound
if you're going with a dd tire get something with a soft sidewall
lighter the better overall....
good luck!
I don't know the SRT-4's aftermarket product line.
What kinda LCA bushings?
What would you recommend to control the rear compression and front rebound?

n2mb WOT box wouldnt hurt either
I have no idea what that is, but I like WOT ;) Unfortunately I wouldn't consider that a suspension mod.
i've been told the mopar stage 3R CO's are hands down the best CO for the car. i'm saving for a set.
I was told the BC's. What's the point of the inverted?

#13 ·
lower the front and raise the rear for FWD,i don't think so. FWD in movement the front will raise up to match the height of the rear. so rear is higher, front will raise aka break traction. basically have to keep it level. rear make it stiff as u can. limit the weight transfer in launch and shifts. h-brace and traction bars are a waste period. safe your money...

neon has pretty good suspenion already no reason to make crazy changes too it. coilover or so kind of adjustable shock and suspenion bushing kit.
with those 15x7 slipstreams just get slicks.

#15 ·
pictures of were it bolts too. now go and look at the car. radiator support in the srt is so weak not even square or tubing. control arm goes up and down. not forward and back. to help limit the sway bar is already there. safe your money get prothane kit for the control arms and get slicks. u will never have wheel hop again. hell slicks with stock stuff even motor mounts u won't have wheel hop.

i remember when ray at rev it up first came out with these. no track testing like he said... he said they went to atco one nite. shocking nite i was there racing my 98 neon and there wasn't any srt there. but ray was in his old silver srt testin the traction bars out. i got there gates open and left.

burn out marks=selling traction bars? i don't get that...

#16 ·
i have the stage 3 co and they're really nice, but not compression adjustable... the stage 3r co's are bi-adjustable and the last coilover you will ever need... and with it you can also choose what lb rating you want on your springs... nice stuff.

as far as the lca bushings go, i have the energy suspension stuff and it helped A LOT!!! but if you want to go a step further, check out rage tek's solid lca set:

http://www.rage-tek.com/product.php?productid=16141&cat=249&page=1

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.