Dodge SRT4 Forums - SRT4mation banner

stage 1 w/ 2005?

3K views 23 replies 9 participants last post by  fourbanger 
#1 ·
ok i know this a noobish srtforums ?....but i really can't remember...is stage 1 "anything" needed on an 05 if you plan on installing an agp wga?....i'm looking to finally mod my car now that its almost a year old and i actually want to research this shit

#6 ·
turboknee said:
ok i know this a noobish srtforums ?....but i really can't remember...is stage 1 "anything" needed on an 05 if you plan on installing an agp wga?....i'm looking to finally mod my car now that its almost a year old and i actually want to research this shit
yes get Stage 1... and no only PCM and yes just buy it new from modernperformance.. then set ur WGA to hold about 15-16lbs @ redline max

#7 · (Edited)
ok now i'm gonna get even more noobish....remember i'm banned from srtforums and cannot search for shit...what is the best combo of mods to start off with...i know srt-4 mods work well in certain combinations....flame me then answer the damn question...please :D

affordability is key cuz i'm poor....so i'm thinking... K&N CAI, AGP WGA, Stage 1 PCM and Mopar STS...sound good?...maybe some wires and plugs

also i can't purchase all at once so what order should i buy them in?

#9 ·
turboknee said:
ok now i'm gonna get even more noobish....remember i'm banned from srtforums and cannot search for shit...what is the best combo of mods to start off with...i know srt-4 mods work well in certain combinations....flame me then answer the damn question...please :D
affordability is key cuz i'm poor....so i'm thinking... K&N CAI, AGP WGA, Stage 1 PCM and Mopar STS...sound good?...maybe some wires and plugs
also i can't purchase all at once so what order should i buy them in?
This is what you do..

1. Stage 1 - ($340 or something whatever Modern is selling it for)
2. AGP WGA - (150 bucks new.. maybe 120 used)
3. MBC for that 18psi spike ;) - (30 - 50 bucks used.. and not much more new)
4. Get a 3" CAI.. the K&N is cheap cuz it just makes noise and has a skinny POS tube of an intake.. i know i have it lol ( you will need a 3" intake if you ever upgrade ur turbo anyways and will have to throw out that crappy K&N)
5. Any 3" Turboback.. or could always go open downpipe but i know the openers warp I paid about 370 for my Needswings w/ opener shipped
6. Plugs and wires from MSD and NGK with a lil colder gap will help..upping the boost might foul ur stock crappy plugs.
7. Canning your Stock Surge valve might also be wise.. with the higher boost it could leak and cause probs.. You can get a good set of Hardpipes and BOV for around the 200-250 range

If I were you Id go with the Stage 1, Exhaust, AGP WGA and plugs and wires to start it off.. set the wga to like 16lbs, you will haul ass

Overall cost = about 1300 bucks id say..

You will be trapping about 105-106 and run low 13s with a good launch :beerchug:

DIDNT YOU READ UP ON THIS SHIT?! should have spent more time in the performance mods section than War Stories asshole lol

#10 ·
As stated by the others, the best and most effective mods to do first on ur ride would be stg 1, wga, bc and tbe. Of course, you COULD put all these together and go straight to stg 2 w/ toys but its up to you. It depends on what your goals are.

stg 1 ($345) AGP wga ($165) mbc ($75) or ebc ($275-325) 3" tbe would avg you about $500-700 depending on where u purchase from. Dred suggested buying used. In my best opinion, unless your REALLY scraping for cash and need these parts right now dont do it. Always purchase mods new. But thats me.

Remember, we have vendors that can help you out. Exhaust Depot is running a sale on 3" single tip exhausts and Ultimate Collision is running a specail on Injen exhausts and d/p's.

#11 ·
PTP WGA $99, PTP MBC (with hose kit) $49, MSD wires, NGK plugs (4306), then I would recommend MM inserts and some sort of exhaust (turbo back) anything after this you will need more $$$ for the mods like big FMIC, fuel controller, wideband, ect, ect, so keep it simple for now untill you have the $$$ to do bigger and better things.

#12 ·
hozay09 said:
As stated by the others, the best and most effective mods to do first on ur ride would be stg 1, wga, bc and tbe. Of course, you COULD put all these together and go straight to stg 2 w/ toys but its up to you. It depends on what your goals are.
stg 1 ($345) AGP wga ($165) mbc ($75) or ebc ($275-325) 3" tbe would avg you about $500-700 depending on where u purchase from. Dred suggested buying used. In my best opinion, unless your REALLY scraping for cash and need these parts right now dont do it. Always purchase mods new. But thats me.
Remember, we have vendors that can help you out. Exhaust Depot is running a sale on 3" single tip exhausts and Ultimate Collision is running a specail on Injen exhausts and d/p's.
LOL yeah Im poor so i bought a few used parts such as Stage 1 and AGP WGA..but the wga was used for 2 weeks and stage 1 doesnt really GO BAD unless you break it purposely.. either way nothing on my car looks ghetto or cheap besides my dented fender lol :(

PS. Oh yeah I almost forgot about motor mounts lol.. with that much power you will wheel hop your car apart

1. AGPs are great..however you might need help on the install
2. Sci Fi's are also great from what i hear and install is a bit easier

#13 ·
[/QUOTE]Overall cost = about 1300 bucks id say..
You will be trapping about 105-106 and run low 13s with a good launch :beerchug:
DIDNT YOU READ UP ON THIS SHIT[/QUOTE]

lol i agree thats just where i am wilth the same mods im running low 13s with 106 trap and a 2.15 60 foot

#14 ·
lol thanks all....and no i spent WAY too much time in WS cuz i usually wreck my car before a year of owning it...and i refused to mod it heavily until i owned for at least a year...so i'm gonna start getting it modded here in a month or so...coming up w/ the dough is rough since i have WAY too many bills.....but i just bought $450 set of tires...if i can do that i should be able to come up w/ a $375 PCM and $100 wga....at least to start...next will be exhaust...then plugs and wires...maybe cai...didn;t see you guys mention cai much at all...never thought of a mbc...need to look into that

#15 ·
turboknee said:
lol thanks all....and no i spent WAY too much time in WS cuz i usually wreck my car before a year of owning it...and i refused to mod it heavily until i owned for at least a year...so i'm gonna start getting it modded here in a month or so...coming up w/ the dough is rough since i have WAY too many bills.....but i just bought $450 set of tires...if i can do that i should be able to come up w/ a $375 PCM and $100 wga....at least to start...next will be exhaust...then plugs and wires...maybe cai...didn;t see you guys mention cai much at all...never thought of a mbc...need to look into that
CAI isnt very necessary until you go BIG TURBO..but its cool to have the crazy spool up sound.. and you might see 5hp from it.. MBC is great.. i love seeing my boost gauge spike 18lbs..

#16 ·
turboknee said:
stock air box supports 400 hp the stage and motor mounts should be ur next items

#20 ·
jb4short said:
Nothing says "Performance" quite like some nice ass lights...LOL
THIS IS TRUE..

Turboknee, i dont think you are gonna be making anywhere near 400hp anytime soon so you dont really have to worry about an intake if you dont wanna.. BUT, you can buy it for looks/sound/5hp gains like i said, then when the big turbo comes its there..

#21 ·
damn u say one wrong thing and everybody and there mother jumps down ur throught i saw no gains in my car what so ever with an intake obviously if u get a bigger turbo u have to get an intake but i dont think as a first mod u really need one rather get the motor mounts they drop ur time better

#22 ·
dude i'm never gonna get a big turbo unless i i win a lawsuit or something...i'm thinking like 300 hp max considering i rarely race...i just like to know i can smoke most anything that comes up next to me...plus this next spring i'd like to start the track shit

i lied i'm sick of talking shit on WS w/ a slow car OK I ADMIT IT

#23 ·
turboknee said:
dude i'm never gonna get a big turbo unless i i win a lawsuit or something...i'm thinking like 300 hp max considering i rarely race...i just like to know i can smoke most anything that comes up next to me...plus this next spring i'd like to start the track shit
i lied i'm sick of talking shit on WS w/ a slow car OK I ADMIT IT
Bwahahahhahahahha!!!!!! :twak:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.