Dodge SRT4 Forums - SRT4mation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i have a MBC and i also have S1 and a S2 wastegate....is it all the way in on the screw or all the way out on the screw to set it to its lowest so my MBC can control boost? or am i not even talking right? idk anything realy so any help on how to set a boost controller on a S1 car with a S2 wastegate would be awsome

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
anytime i put an adjustable wastegate i first set it up without the boost controller.
run a vac line directly from the turbo to the wga and set the wga to hold 12-13 psi.that will give you your lowest setting when you put the bc in.after you have the wga set to your base you can put the bc in series from the turbo to the wga.
i.e:tee into the blue or green line and run a vac line to the in side of the boost controller,then out of the boost controller to the wastegate.

when you initially set the wga keep in mind that shortening the length of the rod will increase boost and lengthening will decrease boost.on a s2 wga i would begin by initially setting it so that you show about 2mm of threads on the arm.if that gives you 12-13 psi then youre good to go and can install the bc.
lets say you do that and you have 10 psi, loosen the locking nut and take the arm off the actual wastegate and turn it in one turn and hook it back up.keep doing that until you get th 12-13 psi

good luck

jay

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have the following mods when i got 264hp

stage 1
stage 2 waste gate, (not installed correctly)
mopar bov
ED hot side hard pipe
zzap 60mm tb
turbo smart MBC
screamin demon coil pack
accell 8mm plug wires
k&n CAI made up as the SRI for now
3" high flow ED cat with a custom Down pipe and 3" full exhuast using the stock tips
gold line lowering kit

·
Registered
792 Posts
never2muchboost said:
anytime i put an adjustable wastegate i first set it up without the boost controller.
run a vac line directly from the turbo to the wga and set the wga to hold 12-13 psi.that will give you your lowest setting when you put the bc in.after you have the wga set to your base you can put the bc in series from the turbo to the wga.
i.e:tee into the blue or green line and run a vac line to the in side of the boost controller,then out of the boost controller to the wastegate.

when you initially set the wga keep in mind that shortening the length of the rod will increase boost and lengthening will decrease boost.on a s2 wga i would begin by initially setting it so that you show about 2mm of threads on the arm.if that gives you 12-13 psi then youre good to go and can install the bc.
lets say you do that and you have 10 psi, loosen the locking nut and take the arm off the actual wastegate and turn it in one turn and hook it back up.keep doing that until you get th 12-13 psi

good luck

jay
Great post!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hmm i must have miss read somethng some wher becuase i was sure i saw it say to show 1 and a half threads but to shorten the rod

ok, tomarrow i am going to get my greddy BoV and a few other things installed so i am going to try to make the wastegate longer

thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts