Dodge SRT4 Forums - SRT4mation banner

Trading in the SRT4

1K views 33 replies 14 participants last post by  CKT 
#1 ·
Well after trying to sell the car and getting no interest, except for one guy who drove it and then I never heard back from, I'm going to be trading in my SRT4. It was a short lived love, but I must move on. As I've stated before, my reason for getting rid of it is to save up money for a house-I've gotten a new job that pays much better and could've kept the car, but it still makes sense to reduce my overall debt as much as I can. I was able to work out an awesome deal on my trade to where the dealership really isn't making money on either end-I had a friend who works there verify this for me, which actually helped a lot in the negotiating. My new vehicle is a 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4, 4.7 V8. I know this thing is a gas whore but my work is only 5 miles from my house so I won't be driving much. Secondly, I'll need 4x4 for the winters and I plan on getting a small plow for it to help my parents out, along with myself. The truck made sense because we plan on buying land in Maine also and building a "camp"-just a small house with no water/electricity/etc. and I'll need the truck to haul wood and other shit in and out of the land. Lastly, I'm paying $250 less per month for the truck overall-payment and insurance- and my payoff is only $9995 :) I'll obviously still stick around and I will DEFINITELY be missing my car. I really love the stupid thing and its the funnest car I've owned,I'll definitely buy another one someday and put a big turbo on it. Well I'm off to work and will see you guys tonight.

See less See more
#3 ·
bikeluver43 said:
Well after trying to sell the car and getting no interest, except for one guy who drove it and then I never heard back from, I'm going to be trading in my SRT4. It was a short lived love, but I must move on. As I've stated before, my reason for getting rid of it is to save up money for a house-I've gotten a new job that pays much better and could've kept the car, but it still makes sense to reduce my overall debt as much as I can. I was able to work out an awesome deal on my trade to where the dealership really isn't making money on either end-I had a friend who works there verify this for me, which actually helped a lot in the negotiating. My new vehicle is a 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4, 4.7 V8. I know this thing is a gas whore but my work is only 5 miles from my house so I won't be driving much. Secondly, I'll need 4x4 for the winters and I plan on getting a small plow for it to help my parents out, along with myself. The truck made sense because we plan on buying land in Maine also and building a "camp"-just a small house with no water/electricity/etc. and I'll need the truck to haul wood and other shit in and out of the land. Lastly, I'm paying $250 less per month for the truck overall-payment and insurance- and my payoff is only $9995 :) I'll obviously still stick around and I will DEFINITELY be missing my car. I really love the stupid thing and its the funnest car I've owned,I'll definitely buy another one someday and put a big turbo on it. Well I'm off to work and will see you guys tonight.
Congrats! House is the best investment.

#21 ·
Thanks for the words of encouragement guys! Azure-broken already answered for me, the truck isn't a Ford I'll be saving face along with money. Seriously though, yeah the truck is going to suck down gas, but not as bad as a HEMI would and its not of huge concern-I'm saving about $250 a month alone with the reduction in insurance premiums and the reduction of debt(amount financed on the truck). On top of that, I was spending close to $300 a month in gas with the SRT4 although I was on the road all the time, now I'm only traveling a few miles back and forth to work. A tank of gas will last me about 2 weeks now, so the mileage isn't a big factor. The truck will work out better as its practical for what we have planned. I need something with a truck bed to help with moving this spring, hauling wood that I'm clearing off the land, getting to the land (4x4), along with having 4 doors so I can still take my girlfriend and 140/150lb dog in comfort. Plus I don't have to buy snow tires to get traction in the winter. I'm really excited to pick it up as I've always wanted a Dodge Ram, its always been my favorite truck. The only one my family has owned was a 97 Sport short bed regular cab, and I loved it. It made my 92 Bronco feel like a piece of shit, along with my last truck a 94 F150. I can't wait and I'll take pictures to show you, the only one I have is on my phone and I doubt its that good.

#25 ·
StreetRaceGN said:
I thought you already had a truck? I remember seeing your name over on plowsite.com last winter.
I did, I had a 94 F150 that I threw a plow on. I plan on putting a small one on this one in about a month or so.

Ford Mustang GT- Bick Penis, Big Mullet
Dodge SRT4- Small Penis, Big head
Dodge Ram- Big penis, Big head, Big Mullet

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.