Dodge SRT4 Forums - SRT4mation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
I ordered a powder coated valve cover from JMB a few weeks ago, I put it on about a week or so ago. Well, the last 2 days my car has been spittin blue exhaust smoke out on start up. I figured I had a small valve cover leak.

I had a leak, yes, small, no. Every spark plug cylinder was filled w/ oil. I pulled the valve cover,applied blue rtv sealant and put it on again. This morning there is more oil in the spark plug cylinders.

Any advice? I originally thought it was b/c I didnt put any RTV sealant on when I reinstalled the new valve cover (I didnt know I had to, didnt find the directions in the box until AFTER i installed it). I didn't see any RTV or gasket around the spark plug holes on the valve cover, unless it is required. Now that I mention it I dont think I looked too close, could that be the problem?

I already got new spark plugs on order b/c Im sure those spark plugs wont last much longer.

Thanks everyone,

Greg

· Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yup I posted it on srtforums and thats what everyone says. apparently in my rush i didnt transfer them over and now my core is en route to justin @ jmb. hopefully the dealership can get them in for tomorrow.

patience > me

· Registered
24 Posts
yep mine has a small leak right now im pretty sure the gasket is pinched or sumthin and now im lazy and dont wanna take it back off but it bothers the hell outta me

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.