Dodge SRT4 Forums - SRT4mation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i hook up my volt guage it constintley stays on even wen the keys are a mile away, wut does this mean? i took it out. is the volt guage supposed to stay on?

·
Registered
5,902 Posts
no its not, you have it hooked up incorrectly. do not run the power or ground to the battery, run the power off ignition or a fuse to power windows (which only work when car is on) and run the ground to metal.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
you must off hooked it up to a constant electrical source.. i told you to hook it up to ignition (ie: where you hook up your turbo timer)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
how do i get to the ignition sorce, or the fuse, cause i was lookin in the manual of the car and i got to the fuses but i ddint no were to go from there

·
Registered
5,902 Posts
mikegtdyno said:
how do i get to the ignition sorce, or the fuse, cause i was lookin in the manual of the car and i got to the fuses but i ddint no were to go from there
for now, strip the end of the wire and wrap it around the power window fuse (the fuse lid you take off has the fuse key on it) then put the fuse back in with the power wire, if it works, your done. make sure you have it grounded, and not to the battery

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok so ur sayin the fuse box thats next to the battery take the lid off and the fuse out touch it with the fuse and put the fuse bak in wiht the wire?

·
Registered
5,902 Posts
no the fuse panel in your dash. open up the drivers side door, right against it on the front dash is a fuse panel. thats where you need to do it too. take out the fuse from that panel (make sure its a fuse for power windows or radio) and then wrap the wire around the fuse connectors (metal tabs) and place fuse back into slot.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Broken5hift said:
no the fuse panel in your dash. open up the drivers side door, right against it on the front dash is a fuse panel. thats where you need to do it too. take out the fuse from that panel (make sure its a fuse for power windows or radio) and then wrap the wire around the fuse connectors (metal tabs) and place fuse back into slot.

ooo ok i see now do i do the same for the lighting blulb in the guage ?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Broken5hift said:
if the gauge is a three wire yes, if its a two wire the power wire already contains it

kk everything is up and running thanx for the support...:)

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Broken5hift said:
no prob man, thats what we're here for
yea...that and RELENTLESS FLAMEING....:evil_laug

1 - 15 of 15 Posts