Dodge SRT4 Forums - SRT4mation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
8,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wtf is with the jersey legal system?!?! i swear that they either have it out for me or they are just so god damn corrupt.
first off i mentioned a while back i got pulled over by some douchebag that i watched fly up on me like a dickhead and was told i made an unsafe lane change,then was issued a ticket for doing 90 in a 65.
anyhoo, i couldnt make the original courtdate due to i was still living in ny and couldnt make it to jersey that day so i rescheduled.the second date i had to reschedule as well.i gave them plenty of notice that i was not going to be able to make it.when i went to reschedule they said that they had no available dates and would call me.i called them back 2 weeks later because i didnt hear from them and they said they would notify me.now i get a letter in the mail that a warrant for my arrest was issued.

· Registered
3,567 Posts
OMG good luck bro...I would hope that your paperwork is in order for all this.

· Registered
5,147 Posts
WOW...Cops are the worst. The government always wants their money no matter who is effected.:soapbox:

· Registered
1,401 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me beginning of last year. Except when i was pulled over my license was already suspended. Had to go to court. Pay some money and that was it. No points. But the weird part was, after i got pulled over they let me drive my car back home with a suspended license.

· Registered
92 Posts
How much is the warrant? (PM me if you don't want to say publicly)

Just some friendly remarks.....If it's a really small warrant/fine, police USUALLY don't bother with it (EXAMPLE: why should police bother w/a $50 when they can go for something bigger?). With a warrant, you pay the warrant amount ("bail") but it doesn't mean you're guilty. Hope I'm not wrong about saying this but you get the "bail" amount back; reschedule to a new court date and let the prosecutor know of your rescheduling issues.

If i'm not mistaken, unsafe lane change is like 5 points, so your warrant might be up there. To avoid headaches, just get it taken care of. (N2MB, PM the town you got the ticket/warrant in).

· Registered
3,542 Posts
Sucks bro. I have had my fair share of tickets. If your worried about the speeding then i would suggest making a diagram of the road you were traveling on. Use the visual as more of an intimidation tactic rather than to educate the judge on the layout of the street.

I had gotten a 90 in a 50 or something like that.I made up a nice 4ftx5ft white board with the road i was driving on drawn on the board. SHowed up at court all dressed up, the cop saw me pulled me outside asked what i was fighting i told him i didnt want the points and i didnt care about the fine. He talked to the judge when i was called to the bench and said that he just wanted to alter the ticket to only state that i disobeyed a traffic sign.

If you could do something like that showing how you def. couldnt have made the illegal lane change and have been speeding at the same time.

Also did he clock your speed on radar? If not the officer has to trail you for 500 ft traveling the speed which you were supposedly speeding at. If he flew up on your ass and you watched him then he must have caught you on radar. But if he cant prove your speed by radar or nascar tecnique (i think thats what they call it) then your good at least on the speeding ticket.

Id just beg them to let me off w/o the points pay whatever you have to just avoid the points. Just my .02 tho. Good luck Jay.

· Registered
2,042 Posts
never2muchboost said:
wtf is with the jersey legal system?!?! i swear that they either have it out for me or they are just so god damn corrupt.
first off i mentioned a while back i got pulled over by some douchebag that i watched fly up on me like a dickhead and was told i made an unsafe lane change,then was issued a ticket for doing 90 in a 65.
anyhoo, i couldnt make the original courtdate due to i was still living in ny and couldnt make it to jersey that day so i rescheduled.the second date i had to reschedule as well.i gave them plenty of notice that i was not going to be able to make it.when i went to reschedule they said that they had no available dates and would call me.i called them back 2 weeks later because i didnt hear from them and they said they would notify me.now i get a letter in the mail that a warrant for my arrest was issued.
i wont turn u iif you give me fuel return kit hahahahha:smilie_kn :smilie_kn

· Registered
110 Posts
I had a similar problem. I had received a ticket for speeding and hired a lawyer to take care of it. Well one day, long after I paid the lawyer, two cops show up at my house and serve a warrant for my arrest and arrest me.

Well, to find out, my lawyer had rescheduled the court date and the court messed up the date in their records, so no one ever showed up for the wrong date. I explained it to the magistrate and he suggested I get in touch with my lawyer asap and he confessed that he didn't like the county that I got the ticket in, so he let me go on a written promise.

I called my lawyer, he straightened it out, and everything turned out fine.

Hope you are as lucky.

· Registered
92 Posts
Id just beg them to let me off w/o the points pay whatever you have to just avoid the points.
Unsafe driving is now like $200/$300. No points but hefty fine. Most people that I have seen with a 5 point ticket, have gotten it knocked down to like 2 or 3 points. I have also seen that getting a really good lawyer could knock all 5 points off.

Broken5hift ^ i like him. as long as he doesnt use the handcuffs
I dunno man.....i might have to use handcuffs after you made this comment:
never fails. this is why i absolutely hate law enforcement.... (repsectable cops excluded.......all two of them?)
:smilie_kn

:p

· Registered
7,250 Posts
Watch out man. DOG is gonna take a special trip from Hawaii to come get ya!!! Sometimes our law enforcement system is a bit off. But they are trying to keep things in order as much as possible without being dicks.

I couldn't get pissed at the NJ trooper when he nailed me for doing 113 in a 65.

· Registered
63 Posts
Bungles - I couldn't get pissed at the NJ trooper when he nailed me for doing 113 in a 65.
What kind of fine/points did you get for that?

· Registered
8,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i have a customer that i work on his srt8 who is a jersey cop so he called in and found out what i have to do.i need to go post my bail at woodbridge court and schedule a court date.the bail is 250.once i get my courtdate he told me to let him know and he will see what he can do and hopefully drop it to a no point conviction in which i am fine with.i got screwed no matter what so the best i can hope for is just a fine without points.

thanks for all of your inputs however.at this point like i said i dont care about the money but the repercussions of the points is far more hefty

· Registered
225 Posts
never2muchboost said:
i have a customer that i work on his srt8 who is a jersey cop so he called in and found out what i have to do.i need to go post my bail at woodbridge court and schedule a court date.the bail is 250.once i get my courtdate he told me to let him know and he will see what he can do and hopefully drop it to a no point conviction in which i am fine with.i got screwed no matter what so the best i can hope for is just a fine without points.

thanks for all of your inputs however.at this point like i said i dont care about the money but the repercussions of the points is far more hefty
if you need help finding the woodbridge court let me know. its like right down the street from me.

....i can only imagine what hozay wanted you to do ahhaha :theyareon

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.