Dodge SRT4 Forums - SRT4mation banner

What rotors and pads to buy?

5K views 24 replies 8 participants last post by  Boostn 
#1 ·
Ok guys I need new brakes and was wondering what rotors and pads you guys recommended? I would like a cross drilled and slotted rotor, but nothing too fancy..aka no Wilwood, Bear kit etc, just slotted rotors and some decent pads. Any suggestions or reviews of what you guys have would be awesome.

#10 ·
save your money. oe is fine.
the stock braking system in our cars is pretty damn good. if you feel like you need more stopping power though just get better pads. there's no real point with getting "fancy" rotors as better pads will just chew them up anyways.
hell maybe howard will chime in... he's the master brake destroyer. :D
if you feel like stopping better, get better tires.
i'll tell you what he'll say.
"keep the OEM rotors and get better pads" :lol:
"keep the OE rotors and get better tires". next get better pads.
you're probably right.
hell, howard gets other people's used rotors for his track days, then throws them away. :rofl:
yes, my track rotors last me 5 days...then toss.

#5 ·
the stock braking system in our cars is pretty damn good.
if you feel like you need more stopping power though just get better pads.
there's no real point with getting "fancy" rotors as better pads will just chew them up anyways.

hell maybe howard will chime in... he's the master brake destroyer. :D

#7 ·
you're probably right.
hell, howard gets other people's used rotors for his track days, then throws them away. :rofl:

#12 ·
hey howard.
brake fade.
is it primarily a fluid problem with our cars or the pads. that's what killed me at the Raceway Park track day.

#13 · (Edited)
i would have to guess/say pad.
a good chance you reached heat limit of the OE pad.

you should also ask yourself, when was the last time you replaced/bled the system. brake fluid is hygroscopic.

i've had no experience with the stock rubber lines and heat, since i replaced mine before any track usage. i did not want to take more chances that i could help control.

the system can take heat, but that's mostly from the ability of the choice in pad to take the heat, and still work effectively--as well as a thick rotor to dissipate the heat. i don't think i've been able to boil the fluid yet...but my calipers are burnt and the pistons are charred.

#16 ·
been contemplating doing a total fluid replacement on the car anyways...
brakes
coolant
trans

#21 · (Edited)
if u are looking for value, go with the above recommendation.

if you are looking for consistent braking functionality: bleed and/or replace w/fresh fluid

if you are looking for improved braking characteristics: perform above task and better tires
one step more above that: better pads

one more step above that: you need to define what your negative braking issues are before anyone can suggest: fade? heat? bias? what conditions?

#23 ·
post the ebay link that has a pic. it's quicker.

#25 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.