Dodge SRT4 Forums - SRT4mation banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
20,570 Posts
That's about normal for completely stock. Now that the weather is getting cooler doesn't help much to hold boost on a stock SRT. I was boosting the same as well in the beginning. Invest in a WGA, boost controller and better exhaust as first mods.

· Registered
6,975 Posts
MetsSFTF said:
I am basicly stock (stage 1) and on friday I was hitting 20psi in 4th, but then quickly dropped to about 15 then down to 12
When I was stock I would still hit 16-18 psi spikes and usually hold to about 11-12
20lbs?! no way.. and 18 stock, that sounds more like a broken boost gauge lol.. with S1 when my car was @ 160 degrees on its best night couldnt get anything over 16spike.. if ur gauge isnt bad then reset ur PCM.. ive never heard of a S1 pcm boostcontrolled car boosting 20lbs.. need a MBC for that

· Registered
6,975 Posts
ptperformance said:
I had seen 18 all the time on my 05 it would drop quick to 15 and most of the time it would hold to 13 at redline. Sounds a little low to me, need to do a boost leak check.
HOLY SHIT 18.. thats ridiculous.. defeats the purpose of a MBC

but i forgot to add in my other post that ur boost even tho ur are only S1 is still low.. you should spike at least 15

· Registered
1,020 Posts
Alex47 said:
i m boosting between 11-13psi and all i have is an AEM short ram mopar BOV and MSD. Does that sound like normal boost? :confused:
After 30k your car has to be leaking like a siv. Pcv valve needs to be changed, ic pipes need to be pressure checked and tightened, tranny fluid needs to be changed, plugs and wires should have been changed if not need to be done, mopar bov needs to be thrown for distance, filter on your aem prolly needs to be cleaned and recharged, and a bunch of other things that prolly need to be addressed that I can't think of...

but 11-13 is mediocre and shoule be a wee bit higher...:rimshot:

· Registered
3,567 Posts
BlackDragon said:
...mopar bov needs to be thrown for distance...
Clever quote. :D

· Registered
87 Posts
wiht an intake and downpipe i was holding boost really high for some reason and thats pretty much stock too but hten i went to an actuator,yo i was boosting like 20 hold with an actuator but i had to turn it down to 16, cause i was hearing some serious flutter noises lol

· Registered
123 Posts
hey can anybody give me maintance tips for my car. it goes into the garage for winter until maybe march when it comes out it will have a new act clutch and flywheel and anti-slip diff and cold air intake.oh yah its a 2003 srt4..lol..it already has stage 1 upgrade a boost control module set at 17 psi..turbotronixs blow off turbo timer ..and new wga..right now i am at 300 hp at engine 250 at wheels and 285 ft/lbs of tourqe according to a dyno ..will exhaust help out big?? any fluid changes i should do next spring besides oil..lol ..thanks guys

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.