Dodge SRT4 Forums - SRT4mation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
3rd time my top motor mount bolt has backed out, ive lock tited the shit out of it and always make sure its on there tight, than randomly one day i'll pop my hood and the thing will start to come out. i opened my hood today to take off the retarded mopar rice plate and the motor mount bolt is snapped inside that silver thing. i have a 7 year 70,000 mile warranty but im sorta scared to take my car in with the stuff thats on it. and honestly i dont have 30 dollars to buy the bolts from modernperformance. i dont think i'll need a new silver thing, but i dont want to risk somehow the threading in there being messed up and something else happening in the future you know? any suggestions? :mad: :mad: :mad:

· Registered
6,170 Posts
I would be a little worried too with the mods you have taking it to the dealer. If it's just broken inside that metal ledge, I would just take it to a shop and have them drill it out for you.

As far as the bolts backing out, I have all 3 mounts filled and they never backed out. A dab of blue loctite and torqued them to spec. If they really won't stay in there try some red loctite, it'll be a little difficult to try and remove them next time though.

· Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Grifter said:
I would be a little worried too with the mods you have taking it to the dealer. If it's just broken inside that metal ledge, I would just take it to a shop and have them drill it out for you.

As far as the bolts backing out, I have all 3 mounts filled and they never backed out. A dab of blue loctite and torqued them to spec. If they really won't stay in there try some red loctite, it'll be a little difficult to try and remove them next time though.
ya blue loctited it 3 times, bottom one never came loose but used red. tranny mounts loose and have never touched it in my life :bsflag:

where can i get the bolt?

· Registered
6,975 Posts
Easy said:
ya blue loctited it 3 times, bottom one never came loose but used red. tranny mounts loose and have never touched it in my life :bsflag:

where can i get the bolt?
The bolt for the motor mount is easy to get, a dollar at the local hardware store.. (i dropped mine in the little hole by the washer fluid is and couldnt get it out lol)

and i red loctited mine and so far i havent had any problems SO FAR *knocks on wood*

· Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
i want to make sure i get the right size, i dont want to bring in half a screw and guess around. anyone know the size of the bolt to make my life a little easier? thanks

btw, how do i get the remaining part of the bolt out of the silver thing?

· Registered
7,250 Posts
Just buy a new silver bracket. It shouldnt cost much at all. I think Rob bought a new one since the threads inside were stripped. Head to the dealer and look it up on the computer with them. Should be a piece of cake.

· Registered
6,975 Posts
Easy said:
i want to make sure i get the right size, i dont want to bring in half a screw and guess around. anyone know the size of the bolt to make my life a little easier? thanks
btw, how do i get the remaining part of the bolt out of the silver thing?
If you know some1 that is good with a drill and has the right bit then have em just drill it out, if not then yea just buy a new silver thing, how much could it cost? 10-20 bucks..

oh and sorry idk the size of the bolt..didnt realize thats what you were asking for lol.. cant you just take the bolt from the top out and bring it in, thats what i did

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.